HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
Loolie

Creating your little sanctuary

Hello there, I got diagnosed in March. Something positive that's helped me (& may help you) is to to create a small calm space in my garden. I have a deck and have got a lot of pleasure buying & choosing some new pots, cool plants, candle holders and a lounge chair. It's given me a project and beautiful relaxing space. It doesn't matter how small your space is, even a beautiful window box can lift your spirits.

I know going through treatment can a expensive time. To save funds ask greenfingered friends for advice (packets of seeds & bulbs are cheep). Local gardening groups are friendly & can offer advice/cheeper plants too. Or ask friends for a plants instead of cut flowers. I've set my heart on a gorgeous bird table so am currently ebaying old stuff from the garage to rise the funds.

Or create a little sanctuary for yourself at home. A comfortable chair, cozy throw & lovely scented candle nearby. Get creative.
Loolie is offline   Reply With Quote