HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-01-2004, 12:02 AM   #1
nancy

I was dx 3/2001, stage 2b, grade 2, 4 lymph nodes positive. er 10%, pr-, and her2+. Had 4 taxol, 4 FEC, then MRM, and radiation. After chemo, my nodes were negative and tumor shrunk from 2.5 to 1 cm. I couldn't get into the herceptin arm of clinical trial and MD Anderson will not give herceptin unless stage 4 outside of a trial. Do y'all know of any long term survivors who didn't take herceptin who were her2+ and node positive? How long have they been testing for her2? I need to hear some survivor stories, thanks.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:58 AM   #2
Marcy

Hi,

I'm newly diagnosed Stage I, high risk: BRCCA 1, her2neu+++, ER-PR-, nodes-. Because I already fought ovarian cancer successfully 17 years ago, but damaged my heart with adrymiacin (although it's a low normal 55 EF now), my doctor didn't want to chance it being damaged again and put me on an "off proocol" protocol. I just had my first chemo on Tuesday (12/30) of TCH (taxotere, carbo and herceptin. Have you tried to see other doctors to find out if it's possible that you could get Herceptin from one of them?

Wishing you a happy and healthier New Year. I'm wishing it for myself too! All the best!
Old 01-01-2004, 08:10 AM   #3
Linda in TX

I have a friend that was stage 111b I believe, large tumor and several lymph nodes involved. She has had NO recurrence and is doing great at what I believe is almost 6 years post dx! I also go to MD Anderson in Houston and could not get in the initial trial either. Unfortunately, I had recurrence in August of this year in same breast and liver lesion. I am not doing taxotere/herceptin. After only 3 rounds my breast tumor is gone, only scar tissue remaining, and the liver had already shrunk from 7cm to 3cm. Never give up hope, even in worst case of a recurrence, there are still some wonderful treatments available for her2+++. Best of luck to you!
Linda