HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-03-2004, 01:56 AM   #1
SueF2

Original dx in Nov. 02, AC and Taxotere, mast., then rads which ended late August. Clear bone scan in mid-October.

Surprise, surprise - now dx with liver and bone mets. Also very short of breath (just in last week or so). Some pleural effusion - will see about draining. ??

Will start Herceptin/ Navelbine/Zometa on Tuesday. Ironically, I asked onc about Herceptin at first follow-up. He said no since there was "no data to support" its use if no mets. I told him yesterday, Now I get Herceptin, right? And he said yes!

Anyone had any side effects from this combo - or individually?

Just had an MRI of spine this morning since I have a lot of back pain.

Thanx for advise, encouragements, etc. etc. etc.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:04 AM   #2
Paula P.

Sue,
Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis -- just know everyone will be sending up prayers for you. How did you find out you have liver mets? Your bone scan was ok, right?! Keep us posted on how you're doing with the Herceptin. I've never had it so I can't help there, but I can help with lots of prayers. I've had a lot of pain in my right upper side and keep thinking its nothing. That's why I ask the question how did they find the liver mets. Love and blessings . . . Paula
Old 01-03-2004, 06:25 AM   #3
SueF2

I started having what I thought was muscle pain in my lower back the first week of Dec. (Just before a big snowstorm in NJ, but I didn't shovel much!) Had a more local pain on my right (mast.) side just at or below the rib cage. Onc didn't do anything (this was mid-Dec.) Then my internist ordered a CA27-29 test which showed, he said, activity in the liver/bones. My rad onc, on this past Monday, said to get a CT scan of abdomen/pelvic area. That showed activity in bones and liver and also some fluid in the lung (pleural effusion). About a week or so ago, I started getting VERY short of breath - hard to walk upstairs when just 6 weeks ago I was on the treadmill a lot.

So I guess you would say the CT scan (with contrast) was the confirming test. Had an MRI of the spine this morning to check for any cord compression (which could be causing the pain).

Start chemo on Tuesday, and hope to get more answers then.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #4
JaneP

Yep, this is my combo - since last March. It has me showing clear scans of chest, abdomen and bones but I am fighting skins mets and gosh awful lymphedema. All things considered, I am thankful.

Good luck to you.

Jane
Old 01-03-2004, 01:57 PM   #5
Lolly

Sue,
I haven't had Zometa, but did have Herceptin/Navelbine in combo after recurrence to lymphs and skin, and continue on Herceptin indefinitely. For me the combo was much more tolerable than A/C and Taxol; no nausea, some thinning of hair and low blood counts, and tiredness. I thought the results were well worth it, and hope you see your scans coming back much improved soon!
Hugs,
Lolly