HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2004, 04:52 AM   #1
lolam

My recurrence was in the neck lymph nodes and the chest. With taxol, carbo and herceptin i am now NED. I have been in the last three weeks having sharp spasmodic pain in my neck where I had the recurrence. It lasts about a minute. I am wondering if it is a precursor to a relapse in the area. Those who have had more than one recurrence, did the second recurrence come in the same area of the body as the first? Hugs, Lola
Old 02-17-2004, 05:20 AM   #2
Janet

I have nodes in my neck too but chemo hasn't worked.

However, I had a local recurrence with skin mets and whilst I was on chemo I used to get prickling and tingling sensations in the areas where the bumps and skin mets were. I was told that this is the chemo working and the cells dying off.

They were right because the chemo cleared them up. Perhaps this is what's happening with you. I've heard that when the cancer cells die off the body then has to get rid of them and this can take a while.

Love and best wishes,
Janet.
xx
Old 02-17-2004, 09:14 AM   #3
Sandy

I had the same kind of pain with my skin mets. Now, that I am on chemo and they are nearly gone or the skin is nearly cleared the sharp pain is gone as well. Feels so much better even though the chemo is not fun. Gain in on area and loose in another. This is better this way. Hugs, Sandy
Old 02-18-2004, 02:40 AM   #4
jessica

Lola-
Just sending prayers of comfort and support.Please keep us posted on what the onc says about the pains you've been having.
Keep the faith & take good care,
Jessica