HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
madubois63

Hi from madubois63

I am already being kicked off the computer, so I have to make this quick. I am truly sorry I haven't posted in such a long time, but I was really sick (not cancer) and then I got depressed (winter blues/cancer stress) and then I got bombarded with taxes (besides my own, I do my moms and the kids), then there was my daughter's college applications and visits, financial aid stuff and scholarships. My son is transferring and there was tons of stuff to do there. And of course this is all besides my own bills and medical stuff. Anyway I am in the middle of restaging. I've had a brain MRI, echo cardiogram and a MUGA. I still have to get a PET/CAT and a bone scan. I don't have any results yet, but hopefully I can claim NED once again. My liver is getting better everyday. The feratin test was over 21,000 in the spring when I was in liver failure. I've been getting phlebotomy almost every week since, taking steroids and have reduced my iron intake. They origianlly told me it might take a year and a half to two years to get it back to normal. At last check I am down to 4,000. It's still very high (they want me somewhere around 100), but it's been less than a year and we are all very happy with my progress. The steroids have been reduced to 15 mg a day (I started at 170 mg).

I have a new motherboard for the computer on order and hope to be back on line without being rushed very soon. Love you all - think of you often and feel very guitly for not posting sooner!!!
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver