HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2005, 08:40 AM   #1
*_Irene from Tampa_*

Hi Cindy

I read your post stating that you started on Abraxane a few weeks ago.

I just took my first treatment yesterday (7/29) and had a few questions.

Are you doing the once every 3 weeks? I asked my onc if I could take once a week for 3 and then off 1 week in hopes of lessening such a strong dose at one time. Do not even know if this would make a difference.

How much is your dosage? How do you feel. I have a minor sore throat this morning and was tired after the treatment. It could be from draining sinuse which sometimes makes me feel this way but I felt fine going in.
Other then that, ok.

Have you lost your hair, if so how long after?
Are your counts falling much?
How many courses will you take and will they scan you once done with first course or more?

Sorry for all of the questions, but since this drug is relatevely new, wanted to get first hand from someone on it.

Thanks Cindy and hope you are doing well.

Irene
Old 08-01-2005, 05:44 AM   #2
Cindy H.

I will get Abraxane every 3 weeks for 6 cycles. I've had Taxol and Taxotere and thought the side effects were worse on me. My hair is falling out (for the 4th time since 2003) I suppose as the treatment goes on I will lose eyebrows and lashes...I just wear makeup. I go to work everyday.

I had my treatment on a Wednesday and did not feel any side effects until Friday night. I started taking nausea pills Friday and had a Neulasta shot on Thursday. I was prepared to feel bad over the weekend but really didn't. I did take it easy and layed around the house :). By Monday I was fine. The main side effect was that I craved plain pasta, lima beans. My chemo mouth did not develop like I thought it would.

I have energy but do not know about my counts. I'll find out next Tuesday. I will get Procrit with Wednesday's treatment if the reds drop.

I sure hope Abraxane works!! 30 minute treatments beat 3 hr treatments any day.

Cindy
Old 08-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #3
mts

Pardon me for jumping in; your Abraxane q's made me look it up. The following website has some interesting data that might help you.

MTS

http://www.breastcancer.org/research...ce_022405.html