HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-21-2005, 04:43 AM   #1
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

Hi everyone -

As usual, you all have come through - thank you so much for your responses AND ALL SO POSITIVE. My prayer now is that the Herceptin goes in there and does what it is suppose to.

We actually received our cruise tickets just yesterday and we are so excited. It seems more real now - my spare bed is getting loaded down with clothes. And it is true, it surely helps taking the mind off of other things that pop in there much too frequently.

Thank you all again and I will let everyone know what happens.

Irene
Old 04-21-2005, 05:15 AM   #2
Sheila

Irene
ENJOY........relax.............have fun

I am envious

Hugs

Sheila
Old 04-21-2005, 05:51 AM   #3
Janet/FL

Irene,
I went on a cruise right after my radiation treatments ended and loved it. I went out of Tampa and found it so easy -- I live in Naples --just drove up and dumped my many suitcases at the dock, parked the car and got on the ship. It was sure easier than having to fly to a port as I have done in the past. I went on the Carnival. Miracle, and it was very nice. Lots of cabin space and closet space for all the clothes I took!
Have a great time! Do lots of things you haven't maybe done before. I swam with dolphins, swam with sting rays, and glided through the trees on wire high above the forest floor. All this took my mind off less pleasant things!
Janet/FL
Old 04-21-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
al from canada

I am soooooooo envious.
Have a great time,
Al
Old 04-22-2005, 09:52 AM   #5
Esther

Have a fabulous time! Theres nothing like a nice vacation to bring up your spirits and make you feel great.

Where are you cruising to?

We are taking a cruise out of New Orleans in July, going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 04-22-2005, 12:58 PM   #6
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

We are going to the Western Caribbean which will take us to Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman and Belize -

JANET -- we are also going out of Tampa on the Carnival's MIRACLE and we hear it is wonderful.

You did exactly what we were planning - we read up on the Tree Canopy Gliding and I am actually thinking about doing it. And let me tell you I am a big baby about heights and water - how dull huh. I passed it by my doctor's P.A. and she thought the tree gliding might not be a good idea since you have to climb and repel down. This sounds so funny to me. I have never done any of these things but thought I would be daring this time - you know 'LIVE LIKE YOU WERE DYING" like the songs say's which has given me much inspiration.

PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS TREE GLIDING. Is it scary and how high up are you anyway. Does it take much effort and strength? I don't know how old you are but I am 59 and have been in great shape until all of these treatments which now have given me some weekness in hands and legs.(I get alot of cramping) I was just concerned that we book this excursion and then get there and I get scared out of my mind.

They say that the cave tubing is something fun to do also.

ESTER - hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise in July. We will have to compare stories.

AL - I have always wanted to come up your area, maybe someday.
and you should try to come down to Florida and do the cruise thing too.

SHEILA - I plan to do all of those things you suggested and maybe more -
Thanks

I just came from doing more shopping and am enjoying every minute of that too. The preparing is almost just as much fun. If by some chance we would have to cancel the cruise I will surely be one of the best dressed people having her treatments -