HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-30-2004, 10:45 AM   #1
Gail S

I am looking for Elaine Somers that had posted on here in December. Has anyone chatted with Elaine? If so, how is she doing? I cannot see her posting as of lately?
Old 02-06-2004, 02:01 PM   #2
Lisa

I don't know Elaine, but I do have a contact in London who might be helpful in locating her. I'd be happy to try.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-15-2004, 09:04 PM   #3
Jodie

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I have just been informed that Elaine passed away on 8th February. Her funeral is tomorrow.

I have been trying for so long to get in touch with her and as a last resort I e mailed all the addresses at the top of one of her mails to me (I know its a bit naughty). This was just 5 minutes ago and someone sent me a mail back immediately informing me of the bad news.

I thought she was doing so well too.
God bless her
Old 02-15-2004, 10:06 PM   #4
Gail S

How can this be? She had e mailed me personally, more than once, but not for a short while. She never mentioned anything. She said that she was deep into two regiments. She was doing the Gonzales along with the Gershon. In December she was incredibly well. I heard from her in January and she said that she was detoxing and in bed for days because of it. Please tell me more. Please. There must be more to this. Thank you. GAIL S -- The beginning of this past DECEMBER was the first that she and I began corresponding. What do you know of her health prior to this date? I only knew that she was getting well.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:05 AM   #5
lolam

We are so saddened to hear of this as Elaine was just 36, 37.... Just getting started on life!! Sometimes this disease hits the young with a vengeance unknown to us older ones. Being resistent to treatment is a very difficult developement for any of us.

Just a parting encouragement for us who need perspective at this time in our lives:
Just as the nine months you spent in your mother's womb were not an end in themselves but a preparation for life, so this life is preparation for the next. If you have a relationship with God through Jesus, death is not something to fear, rather it is the door to eternity. Death will be the last of your time on earth, but it won't be the last of you. It will be your birthday into eternal life. That is why the Bible says, "This world is not our home; we are looking forward to our everlasting home in heaven"

Keep looking up, girls. Hugs, Lola