HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
Gail S

For thousands of years these marvelous supplements, herbs and health providing substances were standard fare. Alternatives have tenure and seniority. They aren't frightening or unusual. They are simply unpopular in a world of drugs and more drugs. I have refused drugs for the recurrence to the bones. I am giving this precious body what it really needs.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:46 AM   #2
Anonymous

From Gail: "I have refused drugs for the recurrence to the bones. I am giving this precious body what it really needs. "

Can you share your ideas on "alternatives" that might be interesting to others?
Thanks.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:30 AM   #3
Vicki

Most of our modern drugs have been developed from natural substances or plant derivatives of some sort, but they have been quantified and purified to eliminate any contaminants and non-active components, and then measured so that we get a known, rather than variable, dose.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:21 AM   #4
Gail S

I believe that alternatives are so tried and true that I am comfortable trying elements that have been around for centuries. If this time on earth is all that I have left, I choose to do things that are less toxic and might very well rebuild my bones and immune system. So far this has been the case. Eighteen months ago I was told, in no uncertain terms, that I needed two new hips, two new femurs and one new knee. I went from walking with a walker, to a quad to a single and since April of last year, solo. I fell a hard fall four months ago and broke nothing. I have no pain where once I had extreme. The list of alternatives that I have tried is extensive and available to all through alternative sites and internet findings. The choices are individual. I am currently trying Femara (though I was told I was ER negative), IP6, Wobenzymes, multi enzymes, Spirulina, Barley Green aka Barley Life, Skeletal Strength, and Coral Calcium plus (minerals included). This isn't for everyone. If a person has their mind set on conventional treatments then there is no changing that mind. For me there was no choice. I tried the chemotherapy for the primary six and a half years before. There is not enough promise in toxic drugs to satisfy my mind.