HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
Her2nSue

Update

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year to you all.

I haven't been on in a while, but had an app't with the cardiologist last week. Well, it looks like he is in agreement with the oncologist that I should not continue the herceptin for the last 3 months of treatment. He gave me a new prescription for lasix (sp?) to help with water weight gain and he upped the mg's on the lisinopril and coreg. He said these are to help my heart and will want to up the mg's again if my body can handle it. Also asked about restrictions, he said to do what I'm able but don't over work you heart where it needs to beat faster than it currently can. hmmm. He said that he sees many women that are dealing with breast cancer and the problems that the chemo (herceptin?) causes the heart. He then tells me that in some cases, the heart bounces back to normal, some cases it stays the same, and in others it could get worse even when off of chemo. He just can't explain it. One of those "wait and see" things.
Have several blood tests ordered up on the future platter, one for thyroid and one basic metabolism check. In Feb. he wants me to have a fasting blood work done, too. I gather he wants to rule out other factors as much as possible. Joint pain, esp. in fingers are still there, leg muscles still feeling stiff when going up stairs or getting in an upright position after sitting. Will have to keep an eye on that to make sure it doesn't increase which could be a problem with taking the lasix.

Well, that's the current deal around here. I did mention I was not happy about no more herceptin and the "well, that's the way it goes" attitude of my oncologist. Cardiologist didn't hawve much to say about that, but that they are both doing what is best for my heart. So, we shall see....

Have a Happy New Year and see ya in '07
Sue
Her2nSue is offline   Reply With Quote