HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
madubois63

hi from madubois63

Thank youeveryone. I posted this on the AOL Amazon board last night, but then had to go because of tests and other stuff...

well, today (Monday) did not goes as planned - sort of. I got to the hospital at 10 and waited and waited. Finally, they told me that my counts were low (Duh) and that they would only do the thorocentesis (remove fluid from my lungs) today (4:00 - ugh), I would need platelets and blood (still waiting - it's 8pm) tonight and then get the Hickman port placed in the morning. I start chemo right after that. I may have a pathology report on the fluid by Wednesday. Praying hard for no active BC!!!! The room is small, but private. I am in the transplant ward, which means there is a washroom just before my door. Everyone has to wash up before they come in (pain in the neck for the girls delivery food - they have to do that at every room). I've got my own bathroom and shower (yeah) and a nice big window. I'm on the 19th floor over looking lots of green trees. I still haven't figured out which direction I am looking at. I think I'm facing east?? I've got my own fridge and there is a microwave available...the little things! Of course, I have Internet access (YEAH). And they have a new food service. You can order as much as you want as many times as you want (not that I will be eating much once the chemo starts). It's cool though, they have deli sandwiches and wraps, pasta, steaks, chicken, fish, and all sorts of dessert. I can't eat fresh fruit or salads (bacteria), but all in all, it's not so bad. Ask me again in three weeks.... got to go now...vitals...love you all!!!

Thank you EVERYONE for the prayers. I was feeling a little dread, but yesterdays proceedure was easy and nearly painfree. Talking to everyone on line makes me feel better - not so distant!! Love you all....

Maryann
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:45 AM   #2
tousled1

Hang in there - you'll be fine. You've been very strong through all of this so just continue to have your positive attitude. My son had leukemia and his room was the same -- minus the microwave and fridge. Just remember you will beat this beast!!!
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:10 AM   #3
RhondaH

Smile Take care...

and our prayers will continue w/ you.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:39 AM   #4
rinaina

Maryanne, you never cease to amaze me. Here you are with so much facing you and you are talking about the great food choices. You are my hero. I hope I can be half as positive and half as brave as you. Continue that strong faith and attitude and know my prayers are with you. If anyone can beat this it is you for sure.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:44 AM   #5
Cathya

Maryann;

Cool room. When I was in the hospital I got a double room and the woman I shared with snored!! Plus.....no frig, no microwave, no private bath, absolutely no internet and the food sucked.....lol. Thank goodness for some perks at least. There is a web program which you might have fun with. It goes with Mozilla Firefox (a free upgrade off Google). Go to www.stumbleupon.com . It becomes a link on your mozilla homepage and when you're bored just hit the link and it takes you to cool new sites at random. I put it on my mothers computer (85 years old) as she wakes up in the middle of the night and is bored so goes out to her computer and reads papers from around the world....she enjoys it. It allows you to select topics you're interested in.....select as many as possible...I selected things my kids would like, my parents, you name it and it's fun....sometimes games, etc. Just might help you pass time.

Best regards, thinking of you

Cathy
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
Monique M

Maryanne:

You are an amazing woman with many out in cyberspace supporting and praying for you. Looking forward to hearing your success story!

Peace and blessings,
Monique

Birmingham, AL
Monique M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #7
karenann

Maryanne,

Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

Love,
Karen
karenann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #8
LOPSIDED

HI MARYANNE, I'VE READ MANY OF YOUR POSTS AND JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE IN MY THOUGHTS & PRAYERS. I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL FOR YOU. I CAN TELL YOUR A SPECIAL LADY. STAY STRONG AND KNOW THAT MANY ARE THINKING OF YOU AND WISHING YOU THE BEST. SHEILA
LOPSIDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #9
AlaskaAngel

Hi Maryann. Glad you are living sharing the "now" of life, even with its frustrations and disappointments. I'm very thankful your room has some helpful things about it and delighted that there is some computer access for whenever you want to use it. Hope the onc is coming around... Although I suspect it won't be long before you charm him totally!

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #10
sarah

keep fighting. you have lots of friends to talk to who care about you.
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #11
cherylynnie

Maryann,

Know that my prayers and thoughts are with you. Your strength has brought you this far, continue the fight.
4 AC, 4 Taxotere finished 3/15/06
Currently on Herceptin and Tamoxifen
cherylynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #12
tammymarie1971

Hi Maryann..Sure glad you let us know how you're doing!! Sounds like things are as comfortable as they can be in your room. Praying with you and for you that the fluid they drained holds no surprises!!!
All the best to you..
Tammy
Dx'd Dec'01 while 6mos preg. with #4. child (30yrsold)Mastectomy/AC chemo/radiation/ Recur:Mar'04 liver mets: 3 taxol/herceptin /liver resection/3 taxol/herceptin. Cured?
Recur: May'05 spine & Hip. New onc
treatment in Mexico Feb'06-Mar-06
back to Mexico June/July '06
Currently on herceptin/Zometa/Femara-recently added navelbine
Switched to arimidex Nov'06
ovaries removed June '07
ca15-3 in May'06 was 102
ca15-3 summer of '07 holding steady at 23!
ca15-3 slowly rising Dec & Jan 36, 38, 41 and Feb was 36
Feb '08 Liver, lung & Brain scan NED... bones are stable with even a couple spots gone. as compared with '06 scans
May '08 ca 15-3 is 55. Treatment is zometa, vinorelbine, herceptin and aromasin.
No signifcant changes.
Feb'09 Started Xeloda with herceptin..no more hormonals
Feb'09-June'09 tumor markers coming down again from 155 to 84
May'09 blood clots in lungs vena cava filter put in..Heparin shots daily for now.
tammymarie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #13
Montana

Good luck and best wishes!
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #14
Barbara H.

Hi Maryann,
It was so good to hear from you and learn that you will have a room will be semicomfortable for this ordeal. I'm also glad that you have internet access. Thank you for letting us know how you are doing. You are an inspiration for your courage and, of course, you are in my thoughts each day. I hope that the transplant will go well and that you will get through the more difficult parts without much trouble. I also think of your children and hope that they get a lot of support at home. I know that they are probably your greatest concern right now.
Best wishes and please know that many people will be sending healing thoughts your way.
Barbara Holz
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #15
Helen

Thanks for keeping us posted. As always, my prayers and best wishes to you ....

Helen
  • Recurrence on the same liver spot in 7/07
  • Liver resection 9/07
  • Tykerb/xeloda 10/22/07
  • NED since 9/07 and continued Tykerb/xeloda
  • PET/CT in May 2009 show small spot in lungs. Continued Tykerb/xeloda
  • PET/CT in Aug 2009 shows progression on lung nodules (slightly bigger)
  • Onc considering Taxol/avastin
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #16
MCS

Good luck. Just keep looking at the outside trees and know that we are all with you

XOXO

MCS ( maria)
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #17
jsattaw

Thinking of you Maryann and appreciate your positive outlook. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way. I admire your strength and wish you the best as you face this next treatment in your journey with breast cancer.

Jill
Old 06-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #18
dogladybarks

Dear Maryann,

I don't come here much, but I have been following your posts, for awhile now. I just wanted to tell you how much I admire your spunk, and unwillingness to let your illness get you down.

I also want you to know that you truly are an inspiration to all with BC. Your battle should be one heck of an inspiration to those newly-diagnosed, in how to move on with your life, no matter what, and how to manage a smile, and a sense of humor in the face of adversity.

God bless you as you continue your fight, you are in my prayers, and I wish you all the best, which is what you deserve.

Sincerely,

Sue
dogladybarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #19
emmasmom

Maryann - There are so many people who are praying for you and sending you positive thoughts. You have such a great attitude and I always love reading your posts. Keep fighting and keep your wonderful attitude!

Lisa
emmasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #20
Sandy H

Maryann: I am glad you posted as I was thinking about you this weekend and wondering what was going on. I am glad you have a comfortable room and lots of food to choose from. Keeping you in my prayers. hugs, Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote