HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2011, 06:36 AM   #1
sweetsunflwr

Unhappy HER2 learning more is it a bad thing?

I am learning more about HER2, I have ER/PR+, HER-2 3+, I had a bilateral mastectomy March 2010, no chemotherapy as my lymph nodes were negative. I am only on tamoxifen daily 20 mg. I am very confused as I am learning more and more about my disease. I am very concerned with the fact that I didn't have chemotheraphy. My tumor size was 1.5 mm which was very small but I am so worried about this aggresive form of breast cancer that I had. I only go see oncologist every 3 months to check my blood - then visit with him when results come back. I also have CT and Bone Scans to make sure the cancer hasn't came back. I don't know if I am on the right treatment and I am going to go talk to the oncologist about my options. I am only on Tamoxifen and no other treatment has been an option for me.. just a little freaked out when I read some infomration about the HER2 in breast cancer... **The Her2 Receptor is associated with POOR Prognosis in patients with breast cancer** this statement scared me to death... Any information would be great I am newbie and posted on the newbie forum but also wanted to post here. My diagnosis was DCIS, Stage 1, HER2+/ER+/PR+, grade 3, node negative, which at time of surgery 3 weeks later to have my breasts removed it had turned into Invasive Ductal Carsinoma HELP!
sweetsunflwr is offline   Reply With Quote