HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2004, 06:06 AM   #1
pattyd

Ladies I really need your prayers- Our famaily is at the breaking point- I have recently been having more headaches and symptoms that my brain tumors are active again- I had a MRI today and waiting for results. I am hoping GK or CK will be an option. Otherwise there isnt much out there. He said if there are cells in the spinal fluid sometimes they can infuse chemo but dont have much luck.
In addition to this my son in law is having headaches and lightheadedness. His dr has hiom on BP med abut it isnt working so he has to go back- We are so scared it may be something really bad . I am afraid to suggest they get a scan- I know he should have one .
Whydoes it seem things pile up so hugely at once and become overwhelming- My faith has always been strong but right now it is at the bending point- PLease please pray for us. God Bless Patty D
Old 03-11-2004, 06:09 AM   #2
Tanya

I am praying for you and your family as I type.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:16 AM   #3
kim

i am praying for you too! i know just how you feel!
Old 03-11-2004, 06:23 AM   #4
Beth

I am praying for you that any tests results you and your family may have will have good results.

Beth
Old 03-11-2004, 06:43 AM   #5
Hope

I know how you feel. Have been there. Of course, I will pray for you and your family. But rembember, "nothing is impossible" unto God. I know he will see you through this. Keep the faith.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:24 PM   #6
Sheila

You and your family are embedded in a circle of prayers from all of us on this site...Hoping tomorrow is a better day.
Hugs and many prayers,
Sheila
Old 03-11-2004, 01:40 PM   #7
Lolly

Patty, I pray for you and your family and hope you find strength and are able to cope with these challenges.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 03-11-2004, 03:01 PM   #8
Steph N.

Dear Patti -
There are times in our lives when we wonder why we are so severly tested. (????) We get stronger in the long run and you will too. OK to bend a little to relieve the stress, but break - NEVER!
I had some odd symptoms at the beginning of the year that led to a brain MRI - all was ok - just something else happening and that seems to be better now. But, I KNOW that big chunk of ice in the pit of your stomach - it will melt.
All my best wishes and prayers for yours and your son's health.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:25 AM   #9
pattyd

Thanks you for all your prayers- My onc just cllled. Said the MRI showed only 3 lesions all under 1 cm- originally last August when the brain mets was dx there were 6- 2 over 1 cm so I had WBR- it must have helped some- for now my onc wants to watch and wait- reduce decadron to half tab day- hopefully the symptoms I am having will subside. Thanks again. PattyD
Old 03-12-2004, 08:05 AM   #10
Annamarie16

Oh Patty, I am so sorry to hear all these problems for you and your family. Didn't you have brain mets before? I thought you and I talked about brain mets months ago. I just had Gamma Knife about 5 weeks ago. They say they have a 95% success rate with gamma. Just haning out now for three more weeks to see if it was successful. Sure hope your son-in-law has a scan. Could just be stress headaches but best to find out early, as you well know.