HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2004, 02:14 AM   #1
Paul

For Jo from Paul

Dear Jo

I'm sorry that your in the midst of such a difficult time. My mom has HER-2 positive breast cancer as well. I just wanted to welcome you to the group albeit under difficult circumstances.

Your proposed drug combination of Navelbine and Herceptin is an excellent choice. There are other combinations that are also very effective (e.g. Taxol and Herceptin and Taxotere and Herceptin and the use of platinum salts such as Carboplatin with either combination).

I'm sure that you are aware of this fact already but there are many women on the main message board who have extensive experience with brain mets. Patty D " Patty Z. and Christine (website founder) are a few of our members with considerable technical and ""real life"" experience in the area of brain mets. If you haven't read Christine's story already" I have provided you with a cross-link below. Click on the highlighted link and it will take to Christine's inspirational story of survival. In addition " the main page of the website contains a section entitled ""Metastatic Brain Tumors."" It is a valuable source of information on this topic.

I noticed in your post that you are considering antioxidant supplements. You may want to check with your doctor on this one. It is my understanding that antioxidants usually are not taken during chemo treatment because they may offset the beneficial effect of chemo.

Your idea of ""one-day-at-a-time"" is an excellent approach. This is a marathon" not a sprint so pace yourself. There are amazing treatments available today in the area of HER-2 positive breast cancer. Please keep the faith and keep fighting. The group is here to help whenever needed.

I want to wish you great success with respect to your upcoming treatments.

Warmest regards

Paul