HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
tweet7805

Hi this is smart idea. My info with signature still struggling with side effects. MUGA scan due 12/20/06 & next Herceptin & Onc visit 12/29/06/

Lea
DX 10/11/05; Age 53;Lump found during annual mamo
Lumpectomy 11/22/05; Tumor 1.5 CM DX IDC; Stg IIA;1 Sent Node Pos. with multiple microspopic cells, 2nd clear; All Margins Clear Upgraded to Stg IIB Grade III; HR/PR -; HER2 +++
AC - 12/29-2/28/06
TX/HERC 3/7-3/29 Wkly; Taxol discontinued 3/29/06 Alergic Reaction
Taxotere/Herc 4/7-6/14/06 8 Wkly
Herceptin E/3 Wks 8/06 - 3/29/07
33 Rads 8-9/19/06
Clear Mamo Nov 2006
Herceptin stopped 12/4/2006 due to heart damage shown on Muga Scan
tweet7805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
gin-tx

Date of diag, stage, treatment current status

This is my second episode of bc, I had bc in 1995, had lumpectamy followed by radiation, no chemo. Then in Feb of this yr discovered a problem with other breast, went to gyn, who sent me to a breast surgeon. Had biopsy in late April, he thought everything looked good, called me 3 days later it was malignant, had sentinel node procedure and wider margins, first lymph node removed was malignant, other tissue clean. During course of tests had bone scan, something showed up, had MRI, had tumor on spine that was malignant, changed status to metistatic grade IV. When I saw onc he called radiation oncologist who was on vacation but due back that week-end. He called me to come in on Mon to start treatment, had 18 radiation treatments to spine, lungs (tumor pressing on lungs) esyphogus affected, could not eat well, spicy foods hurt, not fun. Am doing herceptin and aridia treatments every 3 weeks. Still having lots of problem with back, cancer ate thru tissue at T3, only solution is spinal fusion and not recommended with chemo, healing a problem, infection high risk. So I just live with it, take pain meds when I need them, and hope it will get some better in time. Thanks for your concern and keep me informed of your progress.

ginkott1@aol.com
gin-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
tousled1

Gin-TX,

Sorry to hear that your cancer has metastisized. Just when you think you're out of the woods - WHAM! The spine is a fragile piece of equipment as well I know. I had lower back problems for years and finally in Dec 2004 it got so bad that my only option was surgery. I had a spinal fusion T3 through S1. It's a really rough surgery and I still have problems. A year after that I was diagnosed with cancer. I'm speaking from experience and if there is any way to avoid spinal fusion I would do it. I have been on pain meds so many years I've lost track. The only time I was off pain meds was right after my mastectomy. After that surgery my back felt great. Guess it was from carrying around those heavy D cups! Well, it was short lived. I started Herceptin and along with that my back pain returned, worse than ever. In addition, all the bones/muscles/joints in my body hurt. After reading a post from Lani, I asked my oncologist to reconstitute my Herceptin with saline water instead of benzyl alcohol. What a difference! Now the only pain I have is the lumbar spine. I'm sending you nothing but good wishes and hopes that you can get the spine mets under control with chemo. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote