HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-13-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
KeithB

My sister (JaneC) and I have posted here many times to get great help. Tonight, I post to have you keep us in your prayers and thoughts. We posted a few weeks ago asking for help as we had watched our Mom decline rapidly. We took your advice and pressed for a CT scan and MRI. Well, yesterday, we got the news that we were dreading. The cancer has returned to her left lung. To make matters worse, the MRI of her brain showed evidence of significant brain hemoraging at the tumor sites. The brain bleeds have caused the decline in both cognitive skills and motor skills. She is now non-transferable and is dependent upon us for most everything. We are nearing the end. She is not strong enough to have any further chemo. It would cause her to decline even faster. She is continuing on the Herceptin because the dr. feels it is keeping the cancer in her lung from growing rapidly. We are now looking at a few shorts months of life expectancy. This is her third bout with this terrible disease. She has been tough throughout the entire ordeal. She has been through chemo, radiation, WBR, gamma knife, and countless drugs. She is our hero and we are so proud of her. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers....Kathy Bradfield, Vincennes, IN...
Old 02-13-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
Kansasrose

Dear Keith: I am so sorry to read of your mom's present crises. She sounds like a wonderful, vibrant woman. And, just the mere fact that you and your sister post about your mom is such a tribute. I cried when I read your post; just know that I will keep your family in my prayers, and I really mean that. Bless you all.

Rose in Kansas
Old 02-13-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
PaulaC

Your mother and family are in my prayers. She sounds like a wonderful woman who raised wonderful children. God bless you all.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
Lolly

Keith and Jane,
I will pray for your mom and all of you. I am so sorry, and will pray for strength for you as you help each other in this. It's hard, but anytime you need a shoulder or a helping hand, we're here.
Hugs and Prayers,
Lolly
Old 02-13-2004, 09:03 PM   #5
Paul

Dear Keith and Jane,

My mom is a HER-2 breast cancer patient and she is my hero too. If your mom could read your loving post tonight, I have no doubt she would smile and beam with overwhelming pride knowing that she raised such incredible children. Kathy is clearly in the thoughts and prayers of each group member tonight. Please take care and stay in touch.

Warmest regards,

Paul
Old 02-13-2004, 10:42 PM   #6
Sheila

Prayers go out to you and your Mom...how lucky she is to have such wonderful children ... may you all receive inner peace through this.
Prayers and Hugs
Sheila
Old 02-13-2004, 10:54 PM   #7
Kitty

You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. I too cried reading your post as I think about my two loving children who have been through this battle with me. I want you and your sister to know how much that means to her - it is the best gift you could ever give her. May God give you the strength you need in these next few months to continue your loving support - what a wonderful gift to the person who gave you life.
Kitty