HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
michele u

New vaccine trial starting

I went to Seattle for my last visit from the Her2 vaccine. I was hoping that they had a booster vaccine in the makes i could get. Well, i got even better news. Dr. Salazar is writing a new trial, starting in October. It will be a virus based vaccine instead on a DNA based vaccine. Our bodies recognize virus as being foreign so our immune system sets up attack mode. this vaccine trial will target 4 proteins instead on the one Her2 that my vaccine trial did. Dr. Salazar even thought of us women that have already done the DNA vaccine, she did not put in the exclusion that us that have already taken a vaccine can't get it. So she was thinking of us and we can participate. She thinks we might even convert a response faster since we had the Her2 vaccine. Great things on the way gals!! get on www.tumorvaccinegroup.org to get Patty Fintak's email if interested
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:14 AM   #2
alw

Thank you so much for the update, Michele.

Do you know if that means the new vaccine will be targeting all four HER factors (EGFR/Her1, Her2, Her3 and Her4)?
alw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
DonnaNY

Is this the Her 2 Protein auto vac, that I have heard about? or is it something different? Thanks You

With Love, Donna
DonnaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
marymary

Smile Wow!

That is so exciting! I was thinking, in the very back of my mind, that I might be excluded from future, perhaps even more promising trials, due to my participation in the current dosage trial. Your email carries very welcome news. The best drug of all is hope; the work in Washington certainly delivers in spades.

Mary
marymary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:38 AM   #5
Christine MH-UK

Trovax

This is Trovax. Michele has posted on this in the main forum and there is more info there. I think the good thing is that this has already undergone some testing, mainly in colorectal cancer patients. On the website, it said that 95% of patients had some immune response so far, so it looks promising.

Best wishes,

Christine
Christine MH-UK is offline   Reply With Quote