HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
MichelleH

Question Muga results question & CAT scan results

Hi everyone!

First off, I would like to thank all of you for your emails & especially the prayers. THANK YOU, THEY ARE ALL APPRECIATED!

I would like to keep you informed on how my scans came out on my treatment of Xeloda & Tykerb which I started June 5th. I just got the results last night.
Though being disappointed on the vague description given by the radiologist, but very happy with the results!
First of all............. THERE IS NO NEW METS ANYWHERE! The liver is back to normal size and normal function!! The tumors have "diminished in size". The bones are showing many places of healing!!
I told the doc I was not happy with the vague description by the radiologist and he offered to get copies of my scans (on CD) and also the horrific CAT scan in May and sit down with me to look and compare the two. I said, (of coarse) great! So we will do this at my next appt (in 3 wks).

Here's where my question comes in:
The doctor was not happy with my Muga scan. It was 50% down from 61% in January. Being I am the doc's first (maybe only) patient on Tykerb he does not know the protocol of what to do when the Muga score drops this much. 50% is the bottom of the "normal range". He said it will be either (1) stop Tykerb for a while. (2) cut back the dose of Tykerb, or (3) continue with the same dosage and monitor the heart more frequently. I told him I was rooting for #3!!!!!
I just want to know of others who have had this same experience and at what point did the doctor take action and what action did he take? I am just trying to get a feel of what to expect in 3 wks when I see him again.

My doc is also leaving, moving to Chicago So those of you in Chicago that may get him as your doctor he is a good doc and very willing to work with you (as you have read above). His name is Ervin Hire, He is a nice man and I will miss him so.

Marie & ED, "Keep Believing", I have faith that you will be getting similar results soon!

Love & hugs,
Michelle
25 rads
Dec 2006- recurrence Stage IV (diagnosed 3 days before Christmas!) Lymph nodes in chest, liver, 3 ribs
January 2007- 3 tri wkly rounds of Taxol/Herceptin
Response to lymph nodes in chest, but several more bone mets (skull, shoulders, more ribs, femur, several on spine), liver tumors still growing.
March 2007- 8 wkly rounds of Navelbine/Herceptin/ every 4th wk Zometa
Lymph nodes in chest look great, but more bone mets (of course!), Clavicles, hips, and sacrum (above tail bone) to add to the list. Liver mets still growing.
June 5- started Tykerb/Xeloda

Aug 14- Scans are showing great progress! Tumor shrinkage and bones are healing!

Nov 21 CT scan shows tumor growth in liver & bones next Doc appt on 11-27

Dire need of a lot of prayers and a miracle.
Stay at home mom, 5 yr old girl & 8 yr old boy.
Wife of loving husband
MichelleH is offline   Reply With Quote