HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-02-2004, 02:35 PM   #1
lindaw

I went to onc last week and mentioned a catch in my lungs sometimes - not when exerting myself. I also have a spot in between 2 ribs that hurts when pressed. It has been there a while and I have had a bone scan since it which showed nothing.
Today the ct scan showed no cancer but a little damage to lungs . Onc said he can't see it so it must be minor. Has anyone else had this? How does it effect you.
I was relieved about nothing else and tomorrow I will get the bone scan results ( just finished the bones scan today).

Thanks
love
Linda
Old 02-03-2004, 12:57 AM   #2
Staci

I know it is stressful waiting for results. I went through that yesterday. It is exhausting. Thank God everything turned out clear. As for rib pain, I have always had some on the side of my mastectomy/reconstruction. Perhaps this is the cause of your pain as well. After everything our bodies have gone through, there is bound to be a lillte shifting. Like a house settling into its foundation. Did I just say I was as "big as a house"? I will pray for you.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:55 AM   #3
Lisa

Linda,
Before I was diax in Sept with my recurrence, I had exactly what you describe. Yet none of the tests, including those that found my cancers, ever found out the problem. After a while, both issues just vanished. I realize this is no help, but I've been there, too.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-03-2004, 03:15 AM   #4
Sandy

I have hot spots around my ribs. If you have someone go around the chest area pressing with their finger or thumb and when you feel it really hurt that is a hot spot or trigger point. That person needs to press on it until it releases. That person can usually, but not always, feel that muscles or tendon pulsing and when released it will feel better. May take several times or maybe once. My husband does it for me from time to time. Just last week I had this spot on the right shouder blade on my back burning like someone stuck a cigarette on it. He did this a couple of times and its gone. I had a chiropractor show my husband how to do it when I had fibromyalgia. Its called trigger points release. I can have them anywhere from the waist up to my head. This is just a suggestion of something you may want to try. It can be very painful to do in the rib area but oh my, it feels so much better afterwards. Good luck, Hugs, Sandy