HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 AM   #1
amya

Herceptin 2 years out from chemo

Does anyone know of any trials being done giving Herceptin to HER2+++ positive women who are more than a year post chemo? I was in the control arm of study so didn't receive Herceptin after fininshing chemo in October 2003.
amya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:47 AM   #2
Unregistered

lleecaz@aol.com

One of the posts I read states her onc. said 6-months to 2 years post chemo was appropriate for starting Herceptin for her2 pos. people-- my onc. said 6 months though I was actually 9 months post.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
adhaft

I do not know of any trials for us, but my usually conservative onc has recommended Herceptin every 3 weeks for the next year even though I am 18 months past the end of chemo. I am NED, but decided with my onc that the research thus far was good enough to put my veins in peril to hopefully avoid a recurrence. I am ER/PR -, have IBC, had TAC, a double mastectomy and radiation. I am really hoping that the herceptin is the last treatment I will ever need!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
Valerie

14 months since chemo

I am 51 and was diagonosed in 2/2004, underwent lumpectomy, 4 AC and radiation. (.5mm, node negative, er+ but weak, pr indeterminate, her2 positive) I am taking Femara. I did not have any herceptin after my chemo. According to the oncotype dx test I was at high risk. When I saw my oncologist at my last appointment she told me that if I had been coming through this year I would have gotten herceptin, I guess I was surprised since I thought it was only used for recurrent disease. So now I am headed back to oncologist to see about taking herceptin to prevent recurrence. I was wondering if anyone knows how effective herceptin is taking this so many months after finishing chemo?
I am new to this site and not really familiar with postings etc. My apologies in advance while I learn how to navigate this site.
Valerie
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #5
Unregistered

14 months since chemo

Valerie,

Why don't you try posting this on the message board. You will get more responses. Also, look for the threads that have already been posted regarding late herceptin. They are titled, late herceptin and herceptin 4 years later. There are many women receiving herceptin now and some of them are 2 to 3 years post chemo. I just had my 6th infusion, but I just finished chemo in June and started Herceptin in July. My onc didn't think I needed it because I am early stage, but I insisted and he listened.

Take care,
Karen
Old 10-29-2005, 07:54 AM   #6
Valerie

Thanks Karen!
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote