HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
lucywang.ca

Question Don't want to give up TDM-1

My name is Lucy, I am a 49 year old east asian female who has advanced metastasized breast cancer. I am in a very sticky situation and would like to get some ideas, support, and possible referrals from all of you. Long story short, my oncologist have informed me that there are no more chemo drugs available for treatment.

In 2014-12, a large tumour began to form under my left auxilia causing severe pain and swelling in my left arm. Also a rash began to form on the rt breast. My oncologist administered TDM-1, but only for 2 rounds. As a result, the pain and swelling went away, and the rash on my skin disappeared. Unfortunately my platelet levels dropped, my doctor told me to wait for the levels to pick back up.

So I waited. I waited 5 months. And then the cancer migrated to my brain.

I received radiation to the brain, and grew drastically more ill and weak within a short span of time. 2 months went by and now I feel much better, but i am now being rejected of treatment of TDM-1. Now I have the same symptoms as before, only more severe. Thinking back to the amazing great results of the 2 rounds of TDM1, I would like to go back to TDM-1 and give it a try to save my life.

Now moving forward, I am unsure of my next steps. I would love and greatly appreciate your input and support. I will be seeking second opinions from other oncologists, asking: Are there any other chemo treatments available? Are there any clinical trials?

And my questions to all of you is:
Do you have a similar story like mine?
Have any of you had this experience with TDM-1? Where you came back to the drug?
Have you participated in any clinical trials for vaccines? any openings you know of?

-----------------------

Below is a summary of my cancer history

2002 -4 ,left lumpectomy.ER-,PR-.her2-, IDC 0.8cm adriamycin/cyclophosphamide x6. radiation
2009 -11, mammogramph. left mastectomy 1.9cm. er-,pr-,her2 weakly+. tamocxifen 10 mths.
2011 -1, left lymph nodes multiple + <1c, ER-, PR-, her2+, vinorelbine/heceptin, 1/3 week x 10
2012 10 ~ 11, left neck radiation
2012 -11, right neck and left axillar lymph nodes multiple + < 1 cm, vinorelbine/heceptin, no effect
2013 -9, taxotere/heceptin. left ? pleura fluid, stopped T/H
2013-12 ~ 2014 -1, Xeloda/Tykerb x 4, no effect
2014 -1, progress to thyroid left lobe/isthmus, left axillar, right neck lymph nodes +,thyroidectectomy
2014 -1, superior vena cava syndrome, short of breath, chest radiation, continue w/Erybulin x 6. Face swelling difficulty breathing wet away.
2014-12, Left arm start swelling ,painful, right breast rash, TDM-1 x 2, symptom gone right away, due to low platelet, stop TDM-1
2015 -3 , cerebellum spread, brain rediation
2015 -7, (now) test electrolytes, liver/kidney function,wbc normal. Chest skin rash, left arm lymp hedema, cancer is progressing
lucywang.ca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breast, cancer, chemotherapy, metastatic breast cancer, tdm1