HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
suzan w

Invasive lobular

Just curious...how many of us here were originally diagnosed with invasive lobular carcinoma? It is usually not Her2+. Just read the "News" thread about the use of hormone replacement therapy and increased risk of lobular carcinomas. That was the case for me. I had my pathology repeated twice, they thought that the Her2+++ was a mistake the first time.
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:35 AM   #2
newgg

same here

Hi Susan,

Same here. With hormone replacement for 5 years...stopped them about 3 to 4 years before the dx May 2004 with invasive lobular,node positive and HER2 at a big 3 plus. DANG !! Fluid cyst was seen but not the sneaky lobular on the mammy. Did more test and the lobular was seen on the ultra sound.

Bonnie
newgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
nancy dip

Iwas diagnosed with invasive lobular. I never used hormone replacement. I am ER+. Nancy
Chemo was Epirubicin every 3wks x4 then Xeloda (2wks on, 1wk off) for 4 cycles. ( I am part of the TACT2 trial.)
Rads x25
Arimidex for 5 yrs.
Hoping to start Herceptin within the next 2 weeks (we have to follow the HERA protocol to qualify for Herceptin in the U.K.) I worry about the delay in starting Herceptin!! Started 8/10/07
nancy dip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Inasive Lobular -- And -- Her2+++

I WAS DX W/INVASIVE LOBULAR + 2 out of 21 nodes in '95. No one was checked for HER2 at time in the world.

I was put on Tamoxifen, hoping I would derive some benefit as ER/PR *borderline*. When I recurred in '98 they told me to flush the Tamoxifen. One onc said it could have even caused my metastasis. New '98 pathology: Invasive lobular carcinoma throughout my liver AND HER2+ 80%!! It also showed I had become ER/PR negative!

Each time I go to my onc he says, You know it is highly unusual to be dx w/invasive lobular AND be HER2+. I alw say, I know. You told me...

He says, both are highly aggressive. I say, I know. Yet -- here I am!

Also -- prior to orig dx in '95 I was on HRT for a few mnths. Had uncontrollable bleeding and was given huge dosages of progesterone for 10 to stop this. It did not work. Then given 2 3-mnth Depos Provera (?sp) injections. That makes me wonder a lot as well.

Susan, what article are you referring to? Would love to know more about this... Thanks for starting this thread!
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
suzan w

Hi Andi! I found the article here on the Her2 site...On the Her2Support Group Forums page, it is the last category. NEWS and the article is Short term hormone use...
This proves to me that I should always listen to that "little voice" in my head that tells me what to do!!! I always doubted HRT and never wanted to take it...
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink I Think Sharing All This Info Is Beneficial To Us All...

HERE'S MY STORY. I too would like to share. Please check out my signature.

Andi

<!-- / sig -->
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 01-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #7
Andrea Barnett Budin

Yes, But...

Hi Susan! I am in complete agreement w/your reasoning. I would never have gone on HRT except for my daily suffering from hot flashing non-stop. I was desperate. And I was only on for a few months and then had to stop b/c of bleeding that couldn't be controlled. 2 yrs later, I tried again, knowing that the only relief I ever got (throughout my 10 yrs of feeling on fire and dripping wet) was during the brief period I was on the HRT. Again, bleeding issues. All attempts to stop that (w/large dosages of progesterone) failed. So I discontinued its use.

I had just had a clear mammog. 4 mnths later I noticed this spongey, denseness of my entire left breast. I never had a lump. I assumed it was due to turning 50. Being post menopausal. Never thought it was cancer, b/c I had no lump, no oozing nipple. I alw did first of the mnth self exams. I thought I was looking for a marble, or a pea. Even an egg. Not a general hardness of the entire breast!

I knew I needed to bring this to my GYN's attention. I moved my next mammog up sev mnths. I thought perhaps I had a cyst. I might require surgery. Never thought it was consistent w/bc.

I am curious how your lobular bc presented, Susan. I would also ask others for their input re this question.

I have since made it clear, to my two daughters, and to every one of my girlfriends, that -- IT ISN'T ALWAYS A LUMP that you are looking for.

Lobular *hides*. It is a radiologist's worst nightmare. They look and look and they see nothing. THEN, when they can see it -- it is huge. Advanced. And super serious!
Andi