HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
Carolyns

Time for a change - out on the ledge

Hi,

It appears (by tumor markers) that Xeloda is beginning to fail me. I have been in treatment for stage IV bc for a little over 3years now. I still work full time (home based) and raise my 10 year old son as a single mom. Xeloda has almost felt like a chemo break for me. I am very sad that it is failing. It seems like I get about 4 months out of each chemo. These are the chemos I have done so far after each hormonal failed and the Herceptin / Tykerb. Gemzar, Abraxane, Navelbine, Xeloda. Each combo had been taken with Herceptin or Tykerb and Zometa.

Every time I reach these crossroads in treatment failure it get so sad and scared of what is next... I cry and allow myself to feel the dark emotions. I pray, hope, imagine the next right choice to present itself to me. But the fear and sadness is a part of the process.

Thank you for your support it is just that I tend to forget these deep valleys of emotion when the cancer seems to be under control. I know that I will move forward past these feelings but not right now.

I will let you know what we come up with once I know.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote