HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2004, 02:16 AM   #1
Lori

do any of you gals do massage therapy? I've heard that cancer patients should not get massage therapy, but I've also heard that massage therapy helps in the healing!? Any opinions?
Old 04-12-2004, 03:15 AM   #2
Lisa

After inquiring to my onc and a massage therapist, the word I got was this. Gentle massages are fine, but avoid any deep pressure on areas on/around the tumors.

Love and healing light,

Lisa
Old 04-12-2004, 03:53 AM   #3
Carlye

Hi there,
I get massages weekly. From what I understand is that if you are NED they are ok. When I was on chemo I went to a chinese health and wellness spa and they believe it helps you because of the way it can improve your imune system. My therapist here also believes that, but also told me he would not work on me if I had any active cancer. Hope that helps. My onco also told me he thought I would benefit from it!
Old 04-12-2004, 05:57 AM   #4
Sandy

I was told the same as Lisa and also a massage person who is experienced in massaging cancer patients. No deep massage. Do not want to stimulate cancer areas. Hugs, Sandy
Old 04-12-2004, 11:13 PM   #5
Chris

At the small cancer center I go to, the head nurse in the rad dept is also a massage therapist and they offer relaxing massage to all patients. She would not do my massage the day of or a few days after my chemo, but other than that it was ok.