HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-08-2004, 08:29 AM   #1
Barbara Sherman

Wanted to thank those who responded to my prior e-mail regarding symptoms I was having. Several said to push for an MRI of my brain. Symptoms were becoming alarming and my husband called the doctor, MRI was ordered for that evening and I got the results two days later. Bad news! "Too many tiny lesions to count", several tumors 1.5 to 2+ centimeters, located in cerebellum and cerebrum, etc.

Had first WBR radiation treatment today. My onc tried to be optomistic and said this would take care of it. Radiation onc said this is "a lot of lesions". But no choice according to the onc my time would be short without the treatments and steroids. No feeling to optomistic. Husband is a very postitive optomistic person but is not doing well as he has read a lot on the expected outcome, median survival, etc.

I know many on this board have battled brain mets but anyone have "too many to count"?

Barb
Old 04-08-2004, 09:37 PM   #2
Sue C

I don't have numerous brain lesions but I am battling brain mets. I had to have a surgery because my tumor was too big. Currently, they found another suspicious spot. I hate it when they say suspicious. Why don't they just come out and say "it's the start of tumor formation". Do not read those survival statistics. I get encouraged by these ladies who stick around to tell us the stories. I am sure there are many courageous ladies who is in NED but not in contact with this website because they don't really need this kind of support any more. Until they find a cure, let's fight fight fight!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 01:27 AM   #3
pattyd

I was dx with mets to brain lst Aug- Mri showed I had 6 tumors all but one under 1cm. My onc did WBR- and I started decadron which I have remained on . I did well til around Christmas when I started headaches again ,a CT showed a small new lesion - no treatment was done. Then a couuple weeks ago I had a new MRI which showed a total of 3 lesions all under 1 cm. So I am guessing the WBR did have a pretty good result in getting rid of some of the original tumors.
The current plan is to consult with a radiation dr to see if I am a candidate for the cyberknife. This targets the tumors directly without harming surrounding tissue and is the most high tech tool currently available. It is outpatient - They can do several at a time I think and unlike WBR -it can be repeated if nec. Patty Z has had numerous ones with good results.
So hang in- there is hope and good treatment available.God Bless.
God Bless and