HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #1
R.B.

!!** Vaginal atrophy, urethral problems, Hormone administration Estriol, Progesterone

Controversial, but deals with some fundamental issues !!

Hormone Therapy Possibilities for Breast Cancer Survivors and Women at High Risk for Cancer

by Pete Hueseman R.Ph.,P.D., Consultant Pharmacist
May 2004

http://www.project-aware.org/Resourc...stcancer.shtml

I suspect Alaska Angel may have a few thoughts on this.

This looks like a very serious article. It runs very much contrary to the "general" views we see expressed as to oestrogens and BC.

Please excuse me for posting this here but I think it is both of sufficiently wide interest and plain language to warrant it.

I came across it whilst looking at something else. I was wondering if they had looked at testosterone and BC. From this people obviously have, and it is suggested it increases survival but I have not as yet had a chance to look further.

This may give those with related issues something to print out and discuss with your oncs.

As usual I post it as a non expert simply on the grounds it looks like a serious article and I think it of sufficient importance to bring to your attention. This is clearly highly controversial and you must seek advice.

Estradiol is the most potent oestrogen, is made by aromatase P450, which needs PGE2 which is made from a child of omega six. P450 is what aromatase inhibitors target to try and stop it producing Estradoil.

Aromatse is found in the highest levels in the ovaries, the placenta and adipose tissue (fat).

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote