HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
AmyE

Mammaglobin-A DNA vaccine

Hello-
I'm waiting to hear if I meet the requirements, have passed one of them.
Have any of you heard of this? a short phase 1 trial. My oncologist thinks it will boost my immunity, although they state no medical benefits in the information sheet given to me. Link below, I appreciate any information!
(A bit nervous since this is a Phase 1)
thanks,
Amy
they are okay with me getting the Herceptin every 3 weeks, which I am.
I also take Arimidex daily, Xgeva every 6 weeks.
I am HER2+, ER+, PR+

This is a phase I open-label study to evaluate the safety and immunogenicity of a plasmid mammaglobin-A DNA vaccine. The plasmid mammaglobin-A DNA vaccine will be formulated as a naked plasmid DNA vaccine (WUSM-MGBA-01). The hypothesis of this study is that the mammaglobin-A DNA vaccine will be safe for human administration and capable of generating measurable CD8 T cell responses to mammaglobin-A. The primary objective of this study is to demonstrate the safety of the mammaglobin-A DNA vaccine. The secondary objective is to evaluate the immunogenicity of the mammaglobin-A DNA vaccine as measured by ELISPOT analysis, a surrogate for CD8 T cell function.

http://www.clinicalconnection.com/ex...05&slID=667230

AmyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
'lizbeth

Re: Mammaglobin-A DNA vaccine

Hello AmyE.

I haven't heard of this one yet. Have you found any other information online?

I'm in a phase II of the GPII vaccine trial. I've had some flu like side affects, but overall my health continues to improve.

I was diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer in 2007. Treatment had knocked me on my butt and I was so worried about re-ocurrence.

Joining a vaccine trial turned out to be a very positive experience for me.

Perhaps someone else will have more information.

Good luck and good health!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
AmyE

Re: Mammaglobin-A DNA vaccine

Hello 'lizbeth, & everyone-
update to my last post: after passing the blood (HLMA?) typing and the other requirement they wanted from a former biopsy. They were totally okay with my monthly infusion of Herceptin, now after I'm thinking I'm ready to start- the coordinator from the University contacts me and tells me the FDA will no longer allow breast cancer patients in the study unless they have been 30 days without treatment! (this study is funded by the Dept. of Defense) My oncologist who originally thought I'd be a good candidate, doesn't want to take any risk by pulling me off Herceptin- I have bone mets and am stable at this time. I was told at first they were allowing people like myself, but now the FDA isn't allowing it. How disappointing! They don't know when there will be another study like it in my area, know I should start looking in the near vicinity like Chicago. The university affiliated with my hospital does much research, but who knows when/if another will come along I qualify for, work full time with kids & don't have hours to research! Love getting my hopes up to be let down....trying to stay positive. My friend gave me this article from Dec.'11 Newsweek, really hopeful about cancer vaccinations but started off with depressing stats about b.c. metastatic patients. Taking years for approval to get this stuff in the final approval! (does make me wonder
if the FDA drags their feet for some reason....to keep the cancer industry going)

Amy
AmyE is offline   Reply With Quote