HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 01-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
Karen Wheel

Re: Cough from Tykerb...ANYONE???

PS Indeed.... I had issues the entire year with urinary tract pain and I felt like I had a bladder infection starting ... well almost constantly --- after I finished the Herceptin it did get better but I still battle the same feeling and I use D-mannose (a natural sugar that is completely safe and not a drug) whenever I feel a bit "iffy" I even keep a tiny "snack" sized ziplock of the powder in my purse incase I feel my bladder starting to hurt and I can nip it in the bud before it gets really uncomfortable. I would suggest that you try it as it might help you out. You can get it at most healthfood stores (in the US at least) I buy it when I am in the US and bring it back here to Italy as I really can't live without it! I read after I finished my year of Herceptin that there was some information out there that said that it could damage the bladder and well, I was one that got that lousy side effect --- although none of my doctors here in Italy thought I was anything but a worry-wart as they kept thinking I was crazy when I was always asking about why my bladder was so messed up. I still try not to go too far from a bathroom as it still is hard to hold it more that a few hours .... so I just plan accordingly and try to keep plenty of water in to help dilute any issues. Maybe you need to drink more water??? How much do you drink daily???

Karen
3-09 – Right Quadrantectomy. Clear margins.
3 lymph nodes taken - all clear
Tumor results: Stage 1, 1.5 cm, Her2 +++
Est positive 80% - Prog 10% - Ki67 postive 30%
4-09 – Became a vegan! pH balance of body - cancer can't grow in neutral pH!
4-09 Started Herceptin & Chemo (9 weeks of Navelbine *)
* FYI - when coupled with Herceptin has the same results as more toxic chemo. No brainer!
8-09 - 30 RADS
9-09 - Said NO to hormone therapy
4-10 Finished Herceptin!!!!

7-10 PET Scan & other exams .... All clear! YIPPEE!!!!
11-10 Breast, organ Ultrasounds and lung x-rays all clear no changes ... NED!

2-25-2011 --- 2 years from surgery and NED!!!!!!
7-2011 Clear bone scan and full body and head MRI! NED! NED! NED! ;-)[/SIZE]
Karen Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote