HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2005, 10:19 PM   #1
scott

Hi All,

I'm not sure if any of you are aware of this trial, but I happened to find a phase II clinical trial @ClinicalTrials.gov that may interest many of you with brain metastases that are trying to get on Lapatinib. The trial name is "Lapatinib in Treating Brain Metastases with stage IV Breast Cancer and Brain Metastases" The main inclusion criteria is that you have brain metastases! Other criteria are having had some form of brain radiotherapy and Herceptin in the past. The study is done by Dana Farber/Harvard in Boston, and the National Cancer Institute. Once you get to the home page hit the browse by sponsor link, Dana/Harvard link and it is the #14 trial they are sponsoring. I think read the study is being overseen by Eric Winer who is the head breast oncologist at Dana Farber.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-26-2005, 04:04 PM   #2

I apologize for re-posting this trial I didn't realize it had already been posted. I'll be more thorough in the future.

scott
Old 01-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
imported_Joe

Scott,

No apology is necessary. I would rather see information posted several times, than not at all.

Regards
Joe
Old 01-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #4
imported_Joe

Scott,

I actually should have posted the trial here, instead of the main message board.

Joe
Old 02-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
M.A.

My sister is about to begin this trial, this week. Any comments on side effects, effectiveness, etc?
Old 02-24-2005, 09:41 AM   #6
*_celina_*

Is this not in phase III yet? My sister's onc. is thinking of this for my sister...I do recall that he said phase III is beginning.
M.A., could you please let me know about the details of your sister's trial?...where does she live? where is the trial being conducted? what is her medical history? Of course, only if you don't mind!
cmasoud@videotron.ca