HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 03-27-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
Dianedack

About to start the Tykerb/Xeloda combo tips please

Is there anyone on this combo at the moment? I am about to start so any tips on time of day to take the drugs foods to avoid and managing side effects would be gratefully received. I have heard that the side effects can be difficult in some people and can cause severe diarrhoea so any help to try and avoid problems before I start would be grafefully received. Success stories on this combo would also be good to hear!!!

Thanks ladies

Diane
adenocarcinoma ductal grade 3 DX Oct 2001 2mm grade111. Level one two out of four lymph nodes positive. ER strongly positive PR strongly positive HER2 staus not known. Chemo FEC six courses Radiotherapy course. Arimidex 5 years. Recurrence April 09 Liver, Lungs & Bones May 09 Liver Biopsy ER status changed to negative PR status changed to negative. HER2 now+++May09 Docetaxol 6 cycles Herceptin and Zometa added.Disease stable for 17 months Scans Jan 2011 one of the tumours in right lung has grown significantly scan due in April 2011 to check lung tumour. Current treatment Herceptin & Zometa February 2011 unwell so hospital. DX inoperable Brain mass 11x8mmx12mm left of midline. from lungs and heart March 2011 Gamma knife treatment to brain met.March2011Tykerb/Xeloda/Zometa
March 2011 Severe allergic reation to Tykerb July 2011 New met in lymph glandineck.July2011Navaline/Herceptin/Zometa
August 2011 Necrosis in brain
Herceptin/Zometa Oct 2011 considering Avastin for Necrosis
Dianedack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
pibikay

Re: About to start the Tykerb/Xeloda combo tips please

HEMA is on tykerb xeloda combo.During the weeks she takes Xeloda she has muscular pain in the legs.Tykerb irritates the eyes for which she has been given opthalmic drops
best of luck
Left breast cauliflower 25x20cm
ossousmetstatis in vertbrae secondaries L4=L5secondary
nodules in both liver lobes secondary
Diagnosed 10th March 2010
ER/PR-ve
Her 2 neu +++
Taxotrne Zylotec started 16th March
Herceptin added 5th April.9th Herceptin over on 20th Sep '10.Started on Tykerb and Xeloda on 22nd Oct2010TYKERB 4 TAB A DAY XELODA 4 TAB A DAY ONE WEEK ON ONE WEEK OFFZoletrust infusion every 4 months.Lesion in Brain 3D CRT Radiation started on 1st Feb'12 for 20 days ,5 days a week for 4 weeks.Devloped a small lump in breast.Xeloda stopped from 11th April '12.On Taxol.After 3 cycles of Taxol Taxol stopped.Back to Xeloda regime from 3rd July
Herceptin started again on 27th Dec 2012.Xeloda stopped Navelbin added on 7th February 2013.Now on Tykerb Herceptin and Navelbin
pibikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
KristinSchwick

Re: About to start the Tykerb/Xeloda combo tips please

This has been a wonderful combination for me, my cancer antigens decreased ALOT. However you can't inhibit human epidermal growth factor (HER) 1,2 without causing some annoying side effects (so says my doc). First and foremost, stock up on anti-diahrrea pills and always have some on you. Second, track the foods that you eat, esp dairy and salads- they tend to aggrevate the diahrrea. I switched to soy milk and the diahrrea is so much reduced. If it seams unbearable, think BRAT- bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. Also and this I wish I knew ahead of time, during the days your on Xeloda and even a few days after you stop- do not do anything strenuous with your feet/hands. I wouldn't jog or spend a ton of time walking around on them. The more friction to your hands and feet, the more the xeloda will leak out of those cappillaries and make the hand/foot syndrome much worse. For me, the hand and foot syndrome was torture about 3 days after I went on vacation, (zoo, museums, ballgames, walk, hot and walk some more) and similarly peaked just at the finish of my cycle of xeloda. Also you can always ice your feet/hands when it gets really bad- that does help. Hope that helps.
March 2011: 6 wks rads.
Mother passed, lower back pain.
Late May 2011: Bone mets but organs clear; Tykerb, Xeloda, Xgeva. Stopped Herceptin. Implant infected: removed implant.
October 2011: Bone progression; Gemzar and Carboplatin & restarted Herceptin.
Jan 2012: Progression, re-classified as ER+; Tykerb, Herceptin, Zoladex & Femara. Anti-E is working!
May 2012: ovaries out, markers stable but elevated. Cont. Herceptin, Tykerb, Xgeva & Femara.
Dec 2012: aromasin
Jan 2013: faslodex, herceptin, tykerb
Jun: Kadcyla
Aug: Rads to hip, then Perjeta, Herceptin & Taxotere
Nov 2013: Perjeta, Herceptin, Halaven
Early 2014: Affinitor, Aromasin, Perjeta, Herceptin.
June 2014: Estradiol, Perjeta, Herceptin
Aug 14: Tamoxofin, H & P
http://kristin-notdying-blog.blogspot.com/
KristinSchwick is offline   Reply With Quote