Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
RobinP

turning off p53 gene in mice regressed cancer

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/200...src=RSS_PUBLIC
Old 05-10-2007, 02:05 AM   #2
R.B.

Here are two abstracts suggesting DHA pushes up P53. I think I have seen more but do not recall exactly where at the moment.

RB

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

"Our results indicate the chemopreventive effect of fish oil (Maxepa) on DMBA-induced rat mammary carcinogenesis. Administration of fish oil further showed a prominent reduction of cell proliferation (24.34%, P = 0.001); DPCs (25%, P < 0.001) and an increased expression of p53 protein (4.636 +/- 0.19, P < 0.001) in preneoplastic mammary tissue when compared to carcinogen control counterpart. Histopathological and morphological analyses were carried out as end-point biomarkers. Conclusions: Our study thus provides evidence for the anticarcinogenic effect of fish oil (Maxepa) in limiting mammary preneoplasia in Sprague-Dawley rats."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

"It was interesting to note that these agents activated both HSP70 and p53 proteins."
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:01 AM   #3
RobinP

Thanks, RB, its always nice to have natural alternatives for reducing cancer pathways and maxiizing health. Do you use fish oil supplements or just try to eat fish often?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
R.B.

Both!.

I try and take 2grams plus a day in the form of fish oil, and eat quite a lot of fish.

I try and balance the threes and sixes, avoid the temptation to snack on too many nuts, limit virgin olive oil intake etc.

Carlsons bottled fish oil hardly tastes or smells of fish and more important does not for me repeat.

RB
Old 05-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
gdpawel

Gene Thought To Assist Chemo May Help Cancer Thrive

This is interesting and potentially very important.

The nanotherapy drug Xenavex, is a NFkB and AP-1 blocker. But it does a litle more, and the "little more" is the current focus of ongoing research. What it does, and they're not sure why, is targets cells with a p53 defect. In such cells, the drug activates the p53 function, hence, it's an apoptosis promoter.

There are a number of clinics using melatonin (mainstream Europe) and PSK (used for 20 years in Japan), two items on PubMed and elsewhere, that neither destroy organs and ruin the immune system. In fact, both enhance the immune system.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=70633
gdpawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:21 AM   #6
jhandley

Smile natural progesterone cream turns on p53

I dont have the exact reference but Dr John Lee talks about the link between natural progesterone levels and the p53 gene in his book "What your doctor may not tell you about breast cancer" . After reading this book I got my self tested and sure enough my progesterone levels were low. I have been using the 1.6 % natural progesterone cream on and off for 6 years now as prescribed in the book.
I have just gone back on it after running out and not getting around to getting another script. It also helps me get to sleep and improves mood. The idea is to mimic natural levels and thus protect the body from BC..in women who have low levels. A saliva test is the best way to tell if your progesterone levels are low.

Jackie
jhandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #7
R.B.

I will keep the progesterone P53 link? in mind.

Chemicals made from omega three and six participate in the monthly cycle control pregnancy etc.

A lot is said about oestrogen, but I see little about progesterone. As they are both equally important to pregnancy (from memory) which is about opening balancing and controlling stem cell pathways and the two are so intertwined it is curious we do not see more on progesterone in looking at BC.

RB