HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
karen raines hunt

big tumor?

Hi,

I have rarely posted, but find the info from this site so very helpful. Thank you! I have never heard of anyone with a tumor as large as mine was. It was 12 cm long!!! I had 15 months of treatments (AC, Taxol, radiation and Herceptin). I finished the Herceptin in July and am only taking Tamoxifen at this point. I am feeling well, but so anxious about a recurrence. Has anyone ever heard of someone with a tumor as large or larger than mine?
2 positive axillary lymph nodes
ER+/PR+, Her 2 +++
Bilateral mastectomy, radiation, reconstruction, A/C, Taxol, Herceptin, Tamoxifen, Aromasin
5 yrs since diagnosis and NED
karen raines hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
sabpri

I'm part of the big tumor club!

One that I was not happy to be in. I had two tumors, one that was 7cm and one that was 6cm. You were lucky (if you can use that term given the situation) that you only had 2 positive lymph nodes. I had 7 after adjuvant chemo.

There is a girl on another board who had a 15cm tumor. Lets hope we just stay clean from this point forward.

Natalie
sabpri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
Steph

Karen,

I too had a tumor that was 12cm. Basically my whole breast... I was breast feeding and was treated numerous times for with antibiotics because they thaought it was a clooged ducked(I was breast feeding). They finally said if I quit it would go away but when I quit and didn't go away they figured out something was wrong. The 12cm was what they could tell on examination but I did have chemo before surgery. I have heard of many woman with large tumors so we are not alone.

God bless.
Steph
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote