28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #42
fauxgypsy

Re: The power of your thoughts

Andi, I just got on tonight and saw this. You are so full of light that you sparkle. You have touched so many people with your words. Where I tuck my head and hide, you reach out and share. I will have you in my thoughts. You take care.
ER+/PR+, her2 +++, nuclear grade 3 of 3
February 20-PET scan showed something on liver. No biopsy.
March- Started carboplatin, herceptin, taxol on a four week cycle
May 3- Pet scan, with intent to do a biopsy, found nothing, liver or breast- no biopsy because there is nothing to biopsy
June 21- new onc, very concerned that there had been no biopsy,
June 18th-CAT scan, bone scan-negative
August 7th - Brain MRI-negative
August 9th- mastectomy, all pathology negative
January 2008 still NED! New oncologist -herceptin for full year after chemo- until July, and tamoxifen---negative scans since May '07
July 2008-Finished Herceptin!
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #43
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...

May God bless every one of you! Can't wait to go "under". Up all night -- on toilette -- cleaning out my system. 10 hrs!!!!!! Is that a record???

Smiling still. Love you all... ANDI

off to do what i must do... and get some answers...

such kind words. you are each a sparkling soul!!!!!!!!!
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #44
NEDenise

Andi,
I know you won't see this till after the fact, but please know I was thinking of you and praying for you.

Hoping for minimal 'unpleasantness' as you recover, and only good news in the days ahead!
Denise
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #45
PinkGirl

1:30 EST ... good vibes will be coming your way. I know
everything will be fine. I'll send some earlier too. It's such a
pain waiting for these things to start ... just getter done is my
motto.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #46
Mary Jo

Praying this morning! Peace and gentle hugs.
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #47
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...

my pit stop is YOU, all of you. saw your messages and am taking your vibes with me... here i go... gonna getter done... Love you Pink. Love you Denise. In fact, love every single one of you!!! You are so extraordinary. Thank you dear sweet Mary Jo for your prayers. All prayers. I need all the help I can get... ))My Sisters, we're always in it together. Holding on to one another. About those prayers -- they all count!!!!!!!
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 07-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #48
Andrea Barnett Budin

I guess I posted my awesome news in WHO'S READY FOR SOME GOOD NEWS? and / or AWESOME OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT...

BOTTOM LINE -- BENIGN! Has a certain musical sound that word, right?!

Post surgery and wondrous news, grand milestones which I shared in above threads, I had some thoughts I wanted to share. They just came bubbling up.

I read, We're (all) on a journey of becoming that which we already are. I agreed right off.

We're each on a holy mission to find the dimension within that is sacred. There's a road map home. To the spiritual realm. I visit there. Not ready to move yet! Not by any means!!

But do you realize that you are an eternal Being?? We've forgotton who we are. We're functioning as egos (a primal stage of being). We can often be found in our private and separate worlds. And that's why we too often feel separate from the Present Moment -- and from one another!

We're each lost in our heads. The voice in our heads rules our moods and emotions.

I've learned to disregard what that voice says. Instead, I listen to my Inner Voice. Which is my Spirit. A fragment of divine energy granted each of us as we draw our first breath! We have only to claim it!

When we consciously choose to become Present, we come into the world of our senses. They come alive! We become blissful and serene. Noting the gorgeous blueness of the sky. The detail of each leaf on a tree. We are in The Now!

No memories or imaginings to distort our reality! Concepts, ideas, opinions, acquired beliefs that seeped into our heads unconsciously -- they all wane. A sense of Joy and Peace overcome them.

As we let go of our little selves, we come to feel our Oneness! It happened to me in '95. Transformed my life! And remains with me, most days...

This blissful way of being is full of Light and Love as we transcend and evolve into our Higher Selves.

We're no longer lost in the world of mind; no longer functioning as ego or controlled by it. Ego's basic attitude affects every aspect of our lives and relationships!

Becoming released from ego's dominion allows us to awaken to the truth of Life, the sweetness of Life -- and become a vessel of Universal Love. We see God in every tree. In the sky. In every Being! We feel our connection to each tree. To the sky. To every Being.

MORE TO COME, BUT I'LL LET YOU PROCESS ALL THIS FOR NOW. IT'S ALL SO BIG. SO ESSENTIAL TO YOUR HAPPINESS...

LOVE & LIGHT,
ANDI

Old 08-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #49
Jackie07

A great lecture on the topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ7JfC3_Zgc

ps.

The link to the Benson-Henry Institute:

http://www.massgeneral.org/bhi/about/

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 08-17-2013 at 02:00 AM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #50
Andrea Barnett Budin

THANK YOU, JACKIE FOR THIS GREAT LECTURE... Here's what I learned:

In a relaxed state we can remember wellness. We can cognitive restructure our body's function.

There is validity to this premises.

You have the capacity to counter stress and effectively treat physical reactions/illness/dis-ease.

The mind can control genomic structure. YOU can tap into your genes' activity and therefore bodily behavior. YOU can change patterns that your body generally follows.

If you think, I know -- I can't do this or that, because you've become accustomed to "being" a certain way -- that will become so! Whereas, if you KNOW you can alter your body's functions with the power of your thoughts, in a responsive and relaxed state (preferably) -- anything is possible!

If you daily sit quietly, listening only to your breathing, quieting your mind, you can change your body's response to stress by using a phrase or mantra of your choice.

I use HEALTHY AND WELL. NO MORE CANCER. I am recently adding NO MORE OUT OF CONTROL BOWEL MOVEMENTS. SOLID STOOLS!

These messages are heard by the body, whose job it is to follow your instructions. The body hears EVERYTHING you think, say or whisper! It has no sense of humor. So you must be careful what you think and say.

The simplest statement, This is killing me, is inadvisable obviously. Whereas repeating a comfortable phrase to your body 4 x a day, every single day, over time, will retrain your body and help it create wellness.

The innate ability of the body to heal is real.

It is a commitment you can consciously choose to embrace. A daily habit to take the time out of your day, to relax and to program your body with the power of your thoughts. Thoughts that you consciously choose to use and empower your body to function better.

Rather than expect/anticipating how you always remember feeling when you do this or that, you can call upon your mind's memory of how your body functioned at a younger and healthier time!

You can open the door. YOU! Midst relaxation, we can remember wellness.

The relaxation response is the antithesis of fight or flight. Open your mind. Remember! Choose to do this. Or not...

Find a word or a phrase that resonates with you.

Close your eyes. Relax from ankles up. Slowly, moving up. Think NO MIND. Push away thoughts that occur. Return to the PRESENT MOMENT. Within minutes of doing this, you will be receptive to speaking your truth. Say your chosen phrase. I call it my mantra.

For me, I believe HEALTHY AND WELL. NO MORE CANCER. -- works. My body understands and though I don't know precisely how my body is to achieve this, IT knows and it follows instructions, as you specify your command.

It is the body's job to do as you think, to respond as you say, to note how you act.

Self-fulfilling prophecies are real! Because we MAKE them occur! With our thinking. With our words and thoughts!

YOU can lower your blood pressure. Even, and especially, midst a painful episode -- YOU can calm yourself, not panic or become frightful or what feels like naturally "predicting" what will come next -- YOU can alter that response. With your thoughts, reprogramming, and remembering, how it used to feel, when it was younger and healthier.

Choose not to be overwhelmed with stress. A determined attitude helps. You have the power to choose to control it instead of let it sweep you away. BREATHE...

With love, as always

Andi

Old 02-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #51
Andrea Barnett Budin

Here I am bringing up the past again.

Still searching for what I think of as my SURVIVOR's thread.

This'll do in the meantime...

LOVE...

Old 04-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #52
Andrea Barnett Budin

I'm always with you my Sisters! Even when you don't see me! I swear.

Here to inspire you.

Bumping this up.

NED since 1999.

Off of Herceptin for almost 6 yrs -- after being on for -- 10 yrs!!!

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

I LOVE YOU,

ANDI

Old 04-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #53
Andrea Barnett Budin

I'm always with you my Sisters! Even when you don't see me! I swear.

Here to inspire you.

Bumping this up.

NED since 1999.

Off of Herceptin for almost 6 yrs -- after being on for -- 10 yrs!!!

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

I LOVE YOU,

ANDI

Old 01-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #54
Andrea Barnett Budin

Seems I had a lot to say in 2013...

Sharing... We all need to share out thoughts. We carry messages for one another.

We need to share our experiences and ideas for the betterment of all.

You may think you have a silly little story no one would be interested in, but I bet you if you post it many will find it edifying.

This is such a complicated disease with so many twists and turns. Even someone who's been around for 20 yrs hasn't seen or heard it all.

Michka shared something with me recently that I had never heard of and I believe is has important information for each of us. Just in case -- good to know.

When something occurs it is usually all of a sudden, catches us off good, makes us sick and fogs our brain. We often don't have time to post and ask for advice. We need to make snap decisions. And they can have lifelong
lingering results we don't want to have to deal with as an ongoing ordeal.

So, now that I know what happened to Michka, I can be alert, if I find myself in a similar predicament. We ask questions, we know to do that, but we don't always get satisfactory answers and we only learn that after the fact, when it's too late to rectify.

So -- please share your little stories. Every one of them is important. Honest to goodness.

No one will laugh. And not one of us will think, how foolish to post such a thing. We might say, Oh, I knew that. It happened to a friend. Or me. More than likely, we'll say -- wow, I never would have even thought of that.

Forearmed is forewarned. Knowledge is power.

Sending love,
Andi