HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
Nancy L

Re: FOB not well. Needs ideas.

FOB

Can they do a tumor sensitivity test on your last biopsied tumor to see if there is any chemo or combination of chemos your tumor is sensitive to. You haven't had a lot of the combos they serve up these days so it is just a thought. I hate the "we'll try this and see it works" approach.

Gene mapping is intriguing to me. My retired doc friends feel it is the future for oncology and is close to being affordable--certainly not cheap but you would not have to morgage your house. The only way this makes sense is to be connected to a major research university/hospital that is working in this area and knows how to use the data. Maybe the researchers at UW that you worked with during the vaccine trial could provide insight.

I know the fear of not being able to breath. My BC metatasized to my neck and supraclavical nodes, paralyzed both of my vocal cords and attacked other central nervous system nerves that control swallowing, etc. I have been living with a trach for almost a year. It is a big pain to manage but certainly takes care of the breathing problem.

Take down the white flag for now and put your warrior suit back on. Every time I take out my white flag my husband will say to me "why do you want to give up? You are going to be dead for a long time." I know he is right but some days it just doesn't seem worth the struggle. So I truly do understand what you are going through. If you need someone to talk to, just send me a private message.

Wishing you peace with whatever decision you make.

Nancy
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote