HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-16-2004, 01:26 AM   #1
arati

they have found a number of hot spots in my bones after receiving navelbine and herceptin after 12 cycles..some docs say that this can be actual healing points of tiny lesions but the pathologist does not think so and is quite sure it is a progression.. what chemo is the best chemo for bone mets as all the other organs improved immensively with this combi..arati
Old 09-16-2004, 02:17 AM   #2
lu ann

I have been on taxol, carboplatin, herceptin and zometa. The zometa is for bone mets. My last bone scan showed stable disease. The tumor in my chest reduced 75% with radiation and chemo. Where are your bone mets and did you have radiation treatment? Blessings, Lu Ann.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:05 AM   #3
Steph N

Zometa is a more recent formulation of the older drug Pamidronate (sp?). Zometa is a much quicker infusion and workes as well or better. I get it and have for over 2 years now with my every-three-week herceptin. This is for maintenance as I am now NED, but my bone scan a year ago showed no more shadowy areas other than one on my sternum that is not a met.
I hope they have this drug where you are. it could help you at least stop any more spread.
Are you also hormone neg or pos?? If pos than a good hormone suppressor could also help.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:24 AM   #4
Christine

There's Aridia also, a long time bone chemotherapy
Old 09-20-2004, 04:02 AM   #5
arati

bone mets started in spine and is now in pelvis, femur, cranium and more in the spine..surprising really as i have been on zometa and navelbine and it has improved in all the organs.. why did it not get better in the bones
Old 09-20-2004, 04:10 AM   #6
arati

thanx.. yes am er pr posiistive but there is some confusion about the quantity of herceptin to take now that i am on it three weeks ..how much are u hvg? hv bn hvg zometa but the spread in the bones seems to hv progressed..dont know why as the other organs hv regressed
Old 09-20-2004, 04:11 AM   #7
arati

thanks..had not heard of that
Old 09-26-2004, 01:32 PM   #8
Kaye

Thought you might find the following of interest:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Citation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...6&dop=Citation

1: Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2002 May;29(5):785-9. Related Articles, Links
[A case of breast cancer with multiple bone metastases that responded remarkably to doxifluridine (5'-DFUR), cyclophosphamide (CPA), medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) and pamidronate disodium therapy]
[Article in Japanese]
Kusama M, Kaise H, Nakayama S, Ota D, Aoki T, Koyanagi Y, Misaka T, Matunaga T.
3rd Dept. of Surgery, Tokyo Medical University.
A 49-year-old female underwent bilateral breast preserving surgery for heterochronic breast cancers. She later developed a sternal metastasis and was recommended for intravenous chemotherapy. However, she refused such an intensive therapy and opted for immunotherapy. Afterward, she came to our hospital because of spinal metastases with back pain. She was treated with oral administration of 5'-DFUR and MPA 1,200 mg/day for 3 weeks, respectively, CPA 100 mg/day for 2 weeks, and pamidronate disodium 30 mg intravenously every 4 weeks. This combined chemotherapy relieved her pain after one course. After 5 courses, tumor markers were reduced to the normal range. After 14 courses, bone X-P revealed that the osteolytic bone showed sclerotic changes and bone scintigraphy showed a complete remission (CR). The adverse effects were not remarkable. This regimen is possible on an outpatient basis, and it may play an important role from the standpoint of treatment effectiveness and the quality of life of the patient.
Publication Types:
ò Case Reports
MeSH Terms:
ò Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols/therapeutic use*
ò Bone Neoplasms/drug therapy*
ò Bone Neoplasms/secondary*
ò Breast Neoplasms/drug therapy*
ò Breast Neoplasms/pathology*
ò Breast Neoplasms/surgery
ò Cyclophosphamide/administration & dosage
ò Diphosphonates/administration & dosage
ò Drug Administration Schedule