HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-17-2005, 05:36 PM   #1
Beatle lover

All of a sudden today I developed a sharp, stabbing pain in my left ear whenever I eat or drink something. What is this? I've been off chemo since last fall. Help. I don't know whether to contact my onc. Now that it's flared up, sometimes it even hurts on its own without eating anything. Weird. My ear even looks warm and pink. Could it be from my having taken taxol? It's almost like an electrical or nerve problem, but I don't like it, because it is really painful when it happens. I took a tylenol. I had this once or twice about a year ago, but thought that now that I'm off chemo it would happen again. Any way to relieve this if you know what I'm talking about? Thanks.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:21 PM   #2
Lyn

Hi, there, I did before I got BC, I was putting ear drops in my ear for a week until I couldn't stand it anymore and I went to the doc, he looked in my ear and said there was nothing wrong with it, I had put my neck out and he manipulated it and I had instant relief. Next time I had a problem was when I turned my head I got a sharp pain shooting through my skull, so bad I wanted to throw up, a lymph gland was enlarged in my neck and pressing on a nerve, as soon as I had radiation to it the pain stopped. Get it checked out it will save you a lot of what if's, and hopefully you have just jarred your neck perving, and the nice clothes in the shop window of course,

Love & Hugs Lyn
Old 03-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #3
Beatle lover

Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate that as my neck has been tight, but on the right side and not on the left side where the ear pain was. Have a nice weekend.