HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2004, 08:36 AM   #1
Linda in MI.

Hi Everyone,

As you all know, I've been dealing with this swelling for about a month now, which has been proven to be from the taxotere, carbo, and steroids. My question to you is for those of you who have had this have other areas of your body swelled up too--like your pelvis and abdomen?

My ct. scan did not show any fluid or pleural effusion but I'm still kind of bloated. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this.

I'm on lasix and it is helping a little.

BLessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:20 AM   #2
kim

my mom has had taxotere but it didnt work. she is now taking navelbne and gemzar. has mets in brain and liver. has alot of bloating. but i dont think she has any swelling. is the lasik for bloating?she says that she feels really bloated after eating anything.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:08 AM   #3
el

Geez, it's the poster child of side effects answering again.
Right now you would think I was about 7 mos pregnant if you didn't know me (I am in maternity pants) all as a direct result of fluid retention in my abdomen due to steroids. Lasix keep fluid somewhat under control, but as long as you;re on steroids, you can't get rid of all the fluid till you go off permanently. It's one of the side effects. I also occasionally have fluid build up in my ankles, but usually if I eat alot of salty foods. Plenty of water will flush it away. I take 80mgs of lasix every morning.
el
Old 01-22-2004, 09:14 AM   #4
Sandy

I have bloating in the abdomen area, not in feet or ankles. I cannot take any fluid pills, as I have a difficult time keeping my potassium up. I try to eat bananas and drinks lots of orange juice. With constipation from the carbo can't do bananas and have to be careful of the orange juice because it gives me cankers! Have to go with more potassium based foods. Not an easy solution for any of us. Hugs, Sandy
Old 01-22-2004, 10:51 AM   #5
Angela

I am so glad you asked this question. I finished chemo treatment at the end of Oct and now I am on Femara. I thought it was just me or something I was eating. I am swelling especially after I eat. I haven't asked for any fluid pills but maybe I should.

Hugs & Smiles,
Angela