HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #21
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Dear Raj,

Thank you for thinking of us in the midst of your grief. Your kindness is extraordinary. I have tears in my eyes and in my heart. Ragini's Spirit endured so very much, more than should be asked of any of us. Surely she did the very best she could possibly do to overcome this disease and remain with those she loved so dearly. She lasted so long because of desire to stay with you. No one could have done more. Her strength is a tribute to who she truly was, a beautiful and brave Soul. Filled with loving energy that would not let go.

I am so very sorry for your loss and for your daughters' as well. May your children serve to fill you with wondrous reasons to live and find the courage to go on without your beloved Ragini. She must have trusted that you could do this, as you must do this. I am comforted to know that her pain and struggle have ended; certain that she is at peace now and that she is not far from you, even now. The Spirit lives on, even as the body dies. May you feel Ragini's love and her words as you keep your wonderful family together, in memory of her and all that she was. I ache for you. I send you my deepest condolences. I will pray for you all, I promise. Raj -- I feel your Ragini is just over your shoulder, and will stay near, not wanting to leave you. I believe she is your Soul Mate... You were a blessing to her, as much as she was to you. Ibelieve such profound feelings do not end with death...

With love,
Andrea

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:42 PM   #22
vickie h

My deepest and heartfelt empathy is with you tonight. I am so very sorry for your family's loss of such a beautiful and loved soul. May God whisper warm words of comfort to you and your daughters and hold you through the darkness. My prayers are surrounding you now. Love, Vickie

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #23
Bev

So sorry. Thanks for letting us know. Take care of those girls. Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:42 AM   #24
Ragini26

Dear All,

Thank you all for the kind words of comfort. It pours a little bit of balm on an aching heart. It's been a week now since Ragini left, and we are slowly getting back into life with a lot of help from her brothers and sisters who are with me at the moment.

I know she would tell all you ladies to keep fighting. I'm sure she is watching over all of you.

Regards
Raj Ramanujam
Ragini26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #25
anne2

I am glad she is in peace. I am so sorry for your family. Please accept my condolences and hope time will soften the loss a little.
Love,
Anne
anne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #26
Mary Jo

Dear Raj,

My sincere condolences I send to you and your family. I can only imagine the loss you must feel.

Praying for God's Peace to surround you all.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED