HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
CLTann

Ultra sound for liver

I have a spot below the right rib with discomfort. My onc suggested to look at the spot by ultrasound. I was very much alarmed that this morning the technician started measuring the ultrasound images and took repeated pictures. Did any of you go through the same process and you can confirm that I really have something to worry about? Beside the small discomfor, I have no symptoms. My blood analysis showed normal liver function. The onc felt no liver enlargement. I have good appetite, no yellow color, no vomit etc. As always, the liver report would be delayed by the holidays and we just sit and worry.

Stage 1 dx Sept 05
ER/PR positive HER2 +++ Grade 3
Invasive carcinoma 1 cm, no node involvement
Mastec Sept 05
Annual scans all negative, Oct 06
Postmenopause. Arimidex only since Sept 06, bone or muscle ache after 3 month
Off Arimidex, change to Femara 1/12-07, ache stopped
Sept 07 all tests negative, pass 2 year mark
Feb 08 continue doing well.
Sep 09 four year NED still on Femara.
CLTann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
PinkGirl

Smile me too

Hi CL

I have a mysterious "blob" on my liver. It has been ultra-sounded twice,
CT scanned twice, and last week it was MRI'd. I am now waiting for
the MRI results. The other tests were all "inconclusive". My liver function
is normal and I feel fine - except for worrying about what this is.
Good luck to both of us

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
CLTann

Before my earlier message gets too far, I want to withdraw my alarm. Thanks to my hospital status, I was able to access to my own file. The ultrasound report is already in the file. It says there is no sign of metastasis. All the measurements the technician was doing was to compare the exisiting cysts which were there two years ago. No new change. Thank you pink girl for your reply. Best wishes to all. Happy thanksgiving.

Stage 1 dx Sept 05
ER/PR positive HER2 +++ Grade 3
Invasive carcinoma 1 cm, no node involvement
Mastec Sept 05
Annual scans all negative, Oct 06
Postmenopause. Arimidex only since Sept 06, bone or muscle ache after 3 month
Off Arimidex, change to Femara 1/12-07, ache stopped
Sept 07 all tests negative, pass 2 year mark
Feb 08 continue doing well.
Sep 09 four year NED still on Femara.
CLTann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
lilyecuadorian

Thanks, Ann, for taking away this worry-time ...Heh! I bet that you are going to have a very great thanksgivings ....congradulations!!!
her2+++ and ER+PR+ from32 nodes 4 positives
mastectomy right breast chemo before surgery herceptin/carboplatin/taxotere ,clear and surgery have radiation 20, `& then herceptin and tamoxifen
NED until Aug/07 body only then 'n June 04-06-07 .1 lesion of 1.6 cm on cerebellum ...novalis ,open sugery
5m.m brain met again novalis, 4mm.In the liver. Waiting 2 months now 3 tumors enroll on T-MCC trial start first infusion Nov 5/07 at Dec 17 scan show one tumor despair the 2nd and 3th diminish Doc said great results until March/08 ct scan show progression
03-05-08 start tykerb & xeloda
lilyecuadorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
AlaskaAngel

Liver hassles

Yes, CLTann, I have my hemangiomas measured from time to time too, and have the same feelings of discomfort. Nothing is seen, even on repeated CTs. Glad you have access to your report like I do!

A.A.
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
Bev

I think by the time you are a certain age , blobs, possibly benign happen just about everywhere in your body. You are doing what you need to do to make sure it's a friendly blob.

Just wanted you to know that I know of several blobs that have turned out to be nothing. Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #7
PinkGirl

Talking not yet

I am glad CLTann is out of the woods, but I'm not yet.
Thanks Bev for noticing that. I was thinking that if
my blob was a friendly one, I would know this already.
I have had so many scans (4) that have come back
"inconclusive", that I am starting to think the worst.
The waiting is so hard. I just had my MRI on Thursday.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
Patrice

PinkGirl, I'm praying and sending positive thoughts your way so that you find your way out of the woods as well. I also know of several friends who have had benign "mystery" blobs on their livers, and am hoping that yours is nothing as well and that you get some conclusive answer - waiting and being in the dark add insult to injury! You deserve to know.

Sending you all my best wishes, Patrice
Patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #9
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Name That Blob

Blobs, lesions,inconclusive -- all entirely annoying. Just tell me what it is already! Don't torture me w/trips again and again for retesting, escalating from sonogram to CT scan to MRI. If it's a cyst I think they know that right off. Yes, there are blobs that are benign. That's what I'm rooting for, for you Pink One. There's a limit to patience. *I* want to hear what your thing is conclusively. Surely you have to be beyond anxious.

I think it is good that they haven't used the word tumor. Can you get another (additional) radiologist to read your pics??? I have done this w/remarkable success. Actually had 3 radiologists (independent of one another) read my scans -- 2 concurred and differed from the one that thought my shrinking tumors were still shrinking. The other 2, who didn't know of one another, said they were sure what they were looking at were not tumors but the dead remains of tumors. So I was glad my 2 addl oncs urged me to bring my scans for evaluation by their radiologists.

Pinkie, you need more definitive reviews. Your 5 hr trip ea way to get all these multiple tests has to be wearing alone on you and your husband. And the waiting is even more draining. Can you look in to this suggestion? I am praying for friendly blobs in the end, of course, and will continue to pray for as long as it takes. You are made of iron Woman!
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #10
PinkGirl

Post my blob

Thank you Patrice and Andi

It is no fun to have to wait, and unfortunately, it seems to take 2 weeks for any kind of test result from my cancer centre. And, I don't think I have the option to ask for a different radiologist. Remember the great Canadian debate a while back. I have been assigned to a team ( nurse, surgeon, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, and social worker). They are wonderful, but I have no idea who "reads" my scans. I know that the two ultra sounds were read by a different radiologist than the CT scans. But that's all I know.

I will have to be a patient blob, waiting for the news about my blob. I think I have another week to go. I have a regularly scheduled appointment with my onc on Dec. 14th, but I will know about the MRI before that.

And then there are still my inconclusive, suspicious looking nodules in my right lung. That's supposed to be re-checked in 3 months...which is coming up I think.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #11
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink

Your liver function is normal, that's a good sign! I'm going to hold that thought.

Paul, my husband, had a weird thing spotted in his lung, waited 3 mnths and it was gone, may have been an inflammation from a cough he'd had.

So let's just think positive till someone gives you a good reason to worry. It is just too enervating, emotionally draining and a waste of perfectly good energy you could direct someplace else that is more rewarding. Start wrapping Christmas presents, or making them, as you say you do Pink. Address some cards with a red pen and special stamps. Redirect your energy.

How's your pink streak? I thought the last one was permanent. IMO fuschsia is a really cool color. Ever watch 10 Years Younger on TLC? They have this fab hairdresser who gives haircuts with an extraordinary skill, and does great color too. Customizes each for the person's face shape and personal style. She has short hair that is really cool. Either all over purple or shocking pink. Generally I would be turned off by that, but on her (w/this darling little beautiful face) she just looks creatively gorgeous. Not that I'm suggesting all over shocking pink for you, but a daring streak for the PinkGirl would be distinctive, your trademark -- you'd be a
And a streak couldn't *fall out* like hair extensions, which seem to be proving to be highly unreliable for you. Just a thought. IMO. LOL...

Do you think Tiptoe's hair extension is still in place?

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 11-21-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
PinkGirl

Smile my blob and nodules

Yes Andi, I will try to not think about it until someone tells me otherwise.

Both my highlights have fallen out. The pink one lasted 5 months and the fuchsia one lasted 4 days. They are both in my living room, draped over one of my angel gifts ( you know how everyone gives you an angel when you are first diagnosed.) Well, two of mine have pink hair now.

Maybe I will consider a permanent streak. The fuchsia looked better, but I am PINKGIRL...........what to do...........

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #13
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink

Oh, Pink One, IMO fuchsia is hot pink (hence my hottie above). Still PINK. You don't have to become HotPinkGirl if you had a hot pink streak.....in your hair. You have a sweet pink aura at all times. And dimples!

Andi