HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
Helen G

Question After Herceptin

Hello everyone, I have been hanging around this site for sometime. I just finished my ( I hope) last herceptin treatment Wednesday. My doctor says there is nothing else to be done, because I have completed the treatment designed for my cancer. This entails A/C ,Taxol/ herceptin ,and then a year of herceptin . I am concerned because I have read the maintenance part of this process is to have PET scans or blood tests to make sure the treatment was successful. My doctor says I have to come in every three months to talk with her but their will be NO PET scans or blood tests. She told me that the time of becoming symptomatic and the time recurrence is seen on a scan is only one month and the treatment would be the same. I was never symptomatic I felt the lump deep in my breast on a self exam and it was not picked up on a mammo. by the time it was seen it was the following year and it was because i said something and they sent me for a sonogram right after the next years mammo. By this time it was in my sentinal node. That was the only node however treatment started with a full mastectomy reconstrutive surgery and then the chemo herceptin treatment. My question is, Is this just my doctor or has everyone experienced this confusion?
Helen G is offline   Reply With Quote