HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-02-2004, 05:37 AM   #1
nikki clay

Hi all

Well firstly a huge thankyou to all you wonderful people out there who put a smile back on a very miserable face this week, i thought the world was going to go off like a massive mushroom cloud until all of you put my life back into perspective.....thankyou soooooo much!

Second, i spoke to my lovely oncologist yesterday whilst having radiotherapy planning and he was soooo optimistic i will be ok and he also mentioned that even when breast cancer does come back and metastasisis (sp!) they are living significantly longer than any of the current stats out there are saying, he said that in his clinic alone women with mets have been coming in for three weekly checks ten years after recurrance and that is rising all the time, he said that in my situation after having done Taxotere as 1st line treatment he expects me to still be going to his clinic long after he retires (hes only in his 30s), this all made me look at this disease so much differently, although i did alsi hear i lost a freind to BC last week who was only 38, please all pray for her children.

So lets all stay happy with those encouraging thoughts and stay strong aswell.

Love 2 all
Nikki
Old 03-02-2004, 08:47 AM   #2
Steph N.

So glad to hear from you, Nikki!
sounds like things are coming along for you. What your doc said about the current statistics not reflecting what is going on with women at his clinic is true basically EVERYWHERE.
WE are writing NEW statistics with NEW DRUGS that have yet to be compiled and published.
I beat the odds by a very long shot, and just refused to listen very much to stats, which reflected out of date treatments or only trials with very advanced patients, and set my sights forward.
;( sorry about your friend.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #3
Lolly

Nikki,
It's good to "see" you smiling! YES, we're living longer and better, and there is much to be hopeful about. I plan to be here for the cure, hope to "see" you there as well. We'll do it for all the dear ones we've lost, they would want us to celebrate for them, and we will raise a glass and drink a toast to their memory, your friend included.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 03-12-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
Martha

Hi Nikki,

Hope you get this. Wish my doctors were as optimistic as yours. Saw your first message. I am near your age, I am 34. Was DX at age 33. What treatment are you currently getting. All mine have failed thus far and I am on a new plan. I hope to get into a clinical trial later this month. Please contact me. I tried to email you but it was returned. My email is FisherRN2B@aol.com