HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 04-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #1
Roz

Tykerb and nothing else!

Hi, Just wanted to toss around my feelings about doing Tykerb without Xeloda. I was admitted to hospital at the beginning of February with MRSA (staph) infection kindly (?) given to me by the hospital during a routine port flush!!. I had the standard treatment for 14 days, had my port removed (and the rest of my veins trashed, but that's another story) and I was instructed to go off Xeloda immediately. As I was going on a trip to Venice and environs less than 3 weeks later, I chose not to take the Xeloda again as I didn't want to be taking a systemic chemo whilst I was travelling. However, while I was away, I thought about continung to take Tykerb alone, as I have been on Tykerb for 6 months now. I would like to continue taking it by itself so I can "save up" Xeloda as a stand alone treatment in the future. What do people think. I intend doing it anyway, as I have my onc's approval, but I am interested in other's opinions.
diagnosed June 03. Rt sided Inflammatory BC in rt lower quadrant. 7cm tumour. Also 3 DCIS. 3 rounds of EC, mastectomy with axillary clearance (12 nodes+ of 19). 1 more EC. 5 weeks of rads, with weekly booster to attack skin lymph involvement. 4 cycles of Taxol. Tamoxifen.Recurrence December 04, Herceptin started early Jan05,+ Arimidex.
NED 26 mths. Recurrence early Mar07. Taxol added to Herceptin. NED. Will have total of 6 cycles, then Aromisan and Herceptin. Early Oct 07, recurrence to the pesky right upper lobe, with some pleural thickening upper rt hemithorax. T/X now the treatment. May 2008, Taxatere and Herceptin for lung recurrence
Roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
doh2pa
Deceased

Hi Roz,

I think Tykerb alone is worth a shot. As long as you are being watched carefully for progression, why not. Xeloda has a lot of side effects and it is not an endless tool box of drugs we have available to us. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Mastectomy 4/04 - 4 rounds AC
9/05 - mets to liver treated with carbo/ixabipelone/herceptin
3/06 - complete remission
9/06 - new liver mets, starting Taxotere/Herceptin
1/07 -Liver mets stable, staying on Herceptin
5/07 - Liver, lung progression - starting T/X
12/07 - Liver, lung progression - starting weekly Navilbene/Herceptin
4/08 - Liver progression - started Abraxane, Carbo, Tykerb and Herceptin
7/08 - Liver Progression - started Gemzar, Avastin and Tykerb
10/08 - Liver progression - starting Doxil
doh2pa is offline   Reply With Quote