HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-09-2004, 02:19 AM   #1
michele u

I started my first Herceptin infusions last Thur. It was the loading dose of 4mg. After the infusion my chest was red like a sunburn and my temp. went to 100.5. They said it probably won't happen again. Did anyone have this experience with the first Herceptin?
Old 03-09-2004, 02:37 AM   #2
eleanor

Hi,
I became very ill after the first infusion. Fever, chills, nausea. After that, no problem. I had to go off of it for a few months and had another reaction to the loading dose, although not as severe, and that too passed. I guess it's just the loading dose that's so difficult.
el
Old 03-09-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
Lolly

I went back over my notes, and I also had fever, chills, serious aches and pains both during the infusion and for several days after. I have a mole next to my scar line and it actually became inflamed and blistered, along with a small area right over the scar! The next infusion wasn't so dramatic, some aches, pains and fever but no blistering. They became progressively easier, and now I only feel somewhat tired and sometimes achey the eve of treatment, then back to normal the next day.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 03-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #4
Steph N,

Loading dose was a little hard to savvy because I got it with BOTH Taxol and Navelbine! That was a weekly routine until my complete response occurred.
REcall being flushed in my face, neck and chest. Was pretty wiped out and went to bed early after dinner.
Felt OK the next day when I went for my bone scan. The nurse was quite surprised to see me looking and feeling so chipper under the circumstances!
Subsequent to herceptin with chemo I have taken it with Zometa on a 3-week basis. This also gives some mild symptoms (slight aches and feeling clammy a few hours afterwards), so do not know what it is LIKE to have herceptin alone. I will know that in another week as I am going to get the Zometa only every 6 weeks now.
Hope you continue to tolerate your doses ok.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:53 PM   #5
Sheila

I guess I was lucky, I felt slightly achey after the loading dose, but now when I receive it every 3 weeks, I just get fatter and feel tired....I have to travel 1 1/2 hrs each way to get mine, then come home and I'm ready for a nap...just wish I could sleep all night...had 2 glasses of wine last night and it helped...I just wonder how much is the Herceptin, and how much is Menopause???
Hugs
Sheila