HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-06-2004, 11:50 AM   #1
anonymous

I was feeling pretty good today. I managed to take my son to the park and out for ice cream. Then I went to have my nails done and to Home Depot to run an errand, no easy thing as I am on oxygen 24/7. Some days, I can't even make it out of the house.
So I am waiting to get out of the parking lot, and there is a lot of traffic, and my oxygen is starting to tick down. I have about 15 minutes left to get home. Some guy tries to cut me off even though he sees I have a handicapped placard and am sucking on a tube and have that anxious look on my face. So I inch forward in line so he can't cut me off and darn it, I tap the bumper of the car in front of me. I must have been going like 3 miles an hour.

I try to pull over and the lady passenger of the car gets out and starts SCREAMING at me. "WHAT THE HE-- DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING." And I am desparately trying to pull over to exchange numbers and she is like chasing me on foot in my car SCREAMING and yelling obscenities at me "YOU OTTA LEARN HOW TO DRIVE or GET OFF THE F---ING ROAD". Now mind you she also can see, I am sucking on a tube and getting very shaky cause I have only 10 minutes left, and she too can see the handicapped placard.

I finally get a parking space, lug my tank out of the car to exchange information and the husband asks why I did it and I tell him, I am running out of oxygen and have been waiting to get out of the parking lot now for over 15 minutes. Luckily he sees there is almost no damage that a little buffing wouldn't take care of and he says he will take care of it. Then in a kind but patronizing kind of way tells me to be more careful.

I felt totally totally demoralized. Here was my nice day out with new pink nails and a lady making me feel about 2 inches tall. I could see she had kids in the back seat and I wanted to say to her, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU KNEW YOU WERE NEVER GONNA GET TO SEE YOUR KIDS GROW UP? MAYBE YOU OTTA REALIZE IT IS JUST PAINT ON A BUMPER AND LIGHTEN UP?????

(and all this because the oxygne company won't give me an extra tank. So when I go out I ration my oxygen and usually take less than I need so I will have enough time. How did I know the grocery store was going to have a special and eveyone would be there in the parking lot? )

I guess it seems so undignified to me to have to fight on all fronts. I wish we could just have our dignity and live whatever time we have with that.

Thanks for listening.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:06 PM   #2
Lisa

The woman you talk about has many more problems than you. And yours can be healed.

Say a blessing for her, exhale and look down at your pretty nails. Now smile a little smile.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 03-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #3
Lolly

Unfortunately, if I was in your shoes, or even just happened to be in the neighborhood, I WOULD have told that rude, rude woman off. I have a temper.
Don't let the nazi-cow get you down.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 03-06-2004, 10:41 PM   #4
Anonymous

I'm so sorry you had to go through that!
I know we're supposed to pray for people like that b/c they really must be miserable and sad and so insecure and self-important that their days filled with confrontation & conflict, but I would have ripped my wig off and slapped them with it!(In fact, I did just that, sort of...I was sitting out side of a coffee shop, enjoying a beautiful sunny day, writing letters to friends & family & there was a man talking REALLY REALLY loudly, saying alot of inappropriate, unimportant, ignorant, opinionated things.As I got up to leave, I stopped, told him he was being inconsiderate, oh and by the way, try my problems on for size, and I pulled my wig off.That shut him up instantly.)
More importantly, I hope you won't let those people and and that instant steal one more second of sunshine of your day!They took enough from you already, don't let it continue to beat you up.Look at the blessings around you & smile.Those poor, pathetic people don't have the capacity to find the joy in a day at the park with your son, enjoying ice cream and newly painted pink nails!!
What a nice memory that is...keep THAT with you!
Take good care & God bless!
Jessica
Old 03-08-2004, 11:08 AM   #5
Lyn

Hi there, the beauty of this site is there is always someone to listen and who knows where you are coming from, we all feel the emotions of the friends on this site. I believe in Kharma and the saying "every dog has its day", I believe that on that day, even though you won't know, they got a flat tyre, oops no air, with no spare. It happened to me just recently with my brother who is a scammer trying to take over my mothers property now my dad has past. The rest of the family look at him as, aussie slang here, "a @#%@house", and guess what I heard, the other day that his sewerage pipes backed up through his entire unit, even the wardrobes, every thing has to be thoroughly cleaned or replaced, now is that kharma or what. I hope you get some relief soon with the oxygen, I spent a week in hospital last year because I couldn't breathe, I thought I had phnemonia, but I was wrong it was my heart, all under control now but I couldn't even make the bed without deciding to fall on it instead and leave it to someone else, it doesn't work now of course, the family know I am much better, oh well another story to tell.

Love & Hugs and don't stay anonymous.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:13 AM   #6
eleanor

Sorry, I don't know your name, but I am on oxygen and I want to ask you about the program you are on, cause I solved that problem and now I am not at risk of "running out of air". Also, do you have children? If so, how old are they. Can you go without oxygen while lying down? Reply when you can, maybe I can help with this dilemna.
el
Old 03-09-2004, 01:57 AM   #7
arati

dear anonymous
sometimes sitting at hospital when they make u wait i feel the same way.. the secretary wl act like a big shot and make u wait that extra bit to give your discount card for your airline tkt to visit the hospital from miles away or just not answer your query in a straight way.. i can only imagaine what it is like with u when it is a life and edeath situation... forgive that woman and forget her.. she is just not worth it.. love and love
Old 03-10-2004, 10:54 AM   #8
Sheila

I understand completely, I have a Grandaughter who has been on O2 for 7 years, 24 hrs a day...people can be so rude...that is exactly why I learned sign language, and I give them the universal sign and flip them off !!! You handled it better than I would have!!!