HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 02-12-2015, 12:21 AM   #1
supportwife

Anybody had Herceptin + Perjeta along with Tykerb??

Hi All,

My wife is currently getting radiation with Xeloda and Tykerb for skin mets. However, I am curious if anybody took Herceptin and Perjeta along with Tykerb?
Thanks
supportwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
her2 newBEE

Re: Anybody had Herceptin + Perjeta along with Tykerb??

My wife also had skin mets. It was a very critical point in her treatment journey. And, by God's mercy, the radiation was extremely successful. She had a more intense radiation schedule, going 2x per day for several months. At the time, she was on Herceptin, Tykerb and a taxane based chemo. It has been long thought that there is synergy between the radiation and the chemo. In addition, there is also some thought that there is a synergistic effect with radiation and Herceptin. You may want to ask your oncologist about keeping Herceptin in the equation.

BTW, my wife had a very successful run with just Herceptin + Tykerb. She was NED on the combination alone for more than a year.
her2 newBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:26 PM   #3
supportwife

Re: Anybody had Herceptin + Perjeta along with Tykerb??

HI Her2_newBee,

Thanks for your response. Our Dr. is open to the idea as well but just wanted to check if anyone else had this combo. This is second recurrence in her skin and is taking Tykerb for the first time. I will check with the doctor and make sure it is added to the equation. How is your wife doing now?
supportwife is offline   Reply With Quote