HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-02-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
kimber

Problem?

Good morning ladies and gents. Please view my signature to give yourself a brief update on my cancer journey.

All has been going along beautifully. Then as of the last week or two my left chest is very painful. There is a very painful spot to the touch. Also an over all feeling of pressure or tightness - sore. Now keep in mind I did have full chest wall rad's. However, that ended in Jan 06. Never a problem before. Am I being paranoid. Is this just a problem coming from the past rads. This just feels different. Could it be the implants. Any comments ladies??

p.s. Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's eve. Here is to a wonderful new year for all of us!!!!
double mastectomy
4DD AC - 16 weekly Taxol
6 months Herceptin - stopped due to MUGA
35 chest wall rads
Tamoxifen
Lat flap with silicone implant reconstruction on left side due to radiation. "Normal" silicone on right. Finished all reconstruction 6-07!!!
kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
juanita

I had rads ending in Jan 05. A couple months ago I developed a really painful spot on inner left breast. It hurt to move, breathe, whatever. I went to rad onc and he sent me for tests. Turns out a rib seperated from sternum, he said probably weakend from rads and then anything could have caused it to seperate. So yes it could still be from rads. Go see a doc just to be sure.
1 yr herceptin,
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
DonnaD

Kimber,
I can not say exactly what is going on with you. But I would encourage you to call your onc and perhaps your radiation onc as well.

My situation is different but you may find a few things similar. I finished radiation in May of 07. I had rib pain but tried to work through it. Chest x ray showed nothing. By Sept it was very troublesome. Onc did a rib view that showed 3 fractured ribs, two outside the radiated area and one in the radiated area. A CT followed that showed 3 nodules in the lung in the radiated area as well . After many consults they decided all was from radiation. My radiation onc said radiation does weaken the bone and up to 20% have fractures from it.

I am going in on Friday for another CT as a follow up. Things seem to be better but the radiation onc said ribs weaken by radiation are very slow to heal. I expect no real change with slight improvement.

For peace of mind call your oncs and chat with them. I welcomed additional tests to be sure all was okay. Good luck to you and keep us informed.

Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
kimber

Thanks for the advice! I have scheduled an appointment. I guess I just needed the permission to go to the doctor. If you know what I mean. Will let you know.

Have a great day!! -kim
double mastectomy
4DD AC - 16 weekly Taxol
6 months Herceptin - stopped due to MUGA
35 chest wall rads
Tamoxifen
Lat flap with silicone implant reconstruction on left side due to radiation. "Normal" silicone on right. Finished all reconstruction 6-07!!!
kimber is offline   Reply With Quote