HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
julierene

Kevin Trudeau - New Books about Cures

I wanted to get an idea of what you all thought about the books Kevin Trudeau has written about. I will share my ideas after I hear what you all think about it.
Aug 04: 4 Taxotere
Dec 05: Bone and Liver METS; Stage 4. Carboplatin/Taxol/Herceptin. DX with Li-Fraumeni Syndrome
Apr 06: NED, maintenance Herceptin
Apr 07: CA1503=14; masses in liver; Xeloda/Tykerb
Nov 07: NED, Tykerb maintenance
Sept 08: Liver mets again, on Tykerb/Xeloda again, CA=19 and 27
Nov 08: Progression, Tykerb/Gemzar, CA=25
Dec 08: Progression, Herceptin/Navelbine, CA=40, 57, and 130
Jan 09: Progression in bone, recession in liver, Herceptin/Carbo/Abraxane CA=135
June 09: CA27/29=24, chemo break
Sept 09: Progression, CA=24, waiting on clinical trial (4 weeks no treatment)
Nov 09: now have brain mets, trial "on hold", getting 14 WBR treatments starting 11/2/09
Dec 09: possible start on p53 trial
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
Tom

In my opinion, Kevin is the consummate phony and fraud. I have seen one of his books. in the ads for his books he promises the answers to many of life's "natural cures", and goes on an endless tirade about how drug companies are screwing us all over with their unnecessary drugs. I certainly agree that drug companies are often looking out for the bottom line, but if it weren't for that bottom line and investor capital, we might not have drugs like Herceptin and Tykerb.

I think what bothers me most about Trudeau, is that many of the answers to natural cures he promised to reveal in his first book, were cleverly omitted from that book, as much of his business is done via TV ads with phone in purchasing. Much of the public was furious over his bait and disappoint routine, and have vowed never to buy another of his books. I have seen evidence that he continues to do the same thing by promising to reveal the answers on his website after you sign up or buy another book.

I would question Trudeau's educational background to be giving what amounts to medical advice, and it should be noted that Trudeau also has a criminal past. I do not recall after all this time what the conviction(s) were for, but I believe it was related to some sort of fraud. So, the usual advice applies...caveat emptor.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
julierene

So many people were either 1 or 5 stars. I have now concluded that he is crazy to offer information on his website that you have to pay for.

What kind of person would make you pay to see "life saving" information and complain about pharmacuticals big profits? Most of us are living longer because of the big companies that make these wonderful drugs - like Herceptin. I was immediately turned off by the infomertial.
Aug 04: 4 Taxotere
Dec 05: Bone and Liver METS; Stage 4. Carboplatin/Taxol/Herceptin. DX with Li-Fraumeni Syndrome
Apr 06: NED, maintenance Herceptin
Apr 07: CA1503=14; masses in liver; Xeloda/Tykerb
Nov 07: NED, Tykerb maintenance
Sept 08: Liver mets again, on Tykerb/Xeloda again, CA=19 and 27
Nov 08: Progression, Tykerb/Gemzar, CA=25
Dec 08: Progression, Herceptin/Navelbine, CA=40, 57, and 130
Jan 09: Progression in bone, recession in liver, Herceptin/Carbo/Abraxane CA=135
June 09: CA27/29=24, chemo break
Sept 09: Progression, CA=24, waiting on clinical trial (4 weeks no treatment)
Nov 09: now have brain mets, trial "on hold", getting 14 WBR treatments starting 11/2/09
Dec 09: possible start on p53 trial
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:20 AM   #4
tousled1

Tom,

You are correct that he has a criminal past. I can't recall exactly what it was either (can I blame it on chemo brain???). I too believe it was related to something that he was trying to sell.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:50 AM   #5
Montana

Kevin's rap sheet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Trudeau
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #6
Patty H

A friend loaned me the book. It was all so negative but the part that bothered me the most was, it gave no real information. It would say go to the web for this or that. So when I went to the web you had to pay and join to get information and that was after buying the book. I have tried a lot of things over the 6 years and I do believe that people actually prey on people with cancer. The way I see it, is there are a lot of rich people who die from cancer everyday. If there was something available they could have bought the cure! Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:37 AM   #7
dede10

Before I was dx'd, I had a very good friend dx'd w/bc. Her mom had died of it, & so had a sister. She watched them both be sick, and it was a horrible time. My friend chose to go all natural....no chemo, no drugs. She bought this, & that, and spent much money on miracle cures. About 9 mos later, and by then she had mets, and was really worried, she started chemo. 3 mos later, she died. She waited too late to do anything. 3 mos later, I was dx'd.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Dum spiro spero
(Latin: while I breathe I hope)
dede10 is offline   Reply With Quote