HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
candlegranny

PET results suspicious for small metastic lesions

I dont know what I am feeling right now. I talked to my oncologists assistant on Monday or Tuesday?? she said to wait and see the doctor on 26 Aug. she said the spot they found was too small to even be biopsied so we just have to watch it and wait. she said if I felt better I can leave my port in for another 3 months. I finished herceptin in May. Today I went to my radiologist for a follow up and they had sent a copy of my PET to them. MY radiologist was on vacation so I saw his substitute for this week. When I saw it I saw an addendum on it. OMG no one mentioned that too me. I dont know what to do but retype it for you and ask your opnions from your own experiences.
first part - Interval development of a 1.2 cm vague nodular density within the left apex laterally. this demonstrates mildly intense increased activity on the PET scan and may represent a small area of focal pneumonitis versus a small primary or metastatic malignancy. Clincal correlatoin and PET/CT follow up is recommended. the remainder of the PET scan was within normal limits.

THEN THE ADDENDUM: there are 2 other very small approximately 3 mm nodular lesions within the left upper lobe anteriorly. These developed since the previous study and are suspicious for small metastatic lesions. Dedicated CT imaging of the chest is recommended for further evaluation.

now there you have it. I am believing this can jsut be scaring from radiation, since it is the left side and top where I had radiation, My husband says we will just fight it again. I wonder how it can come back so fast? Is that normal to stop herceptin and in months have metastatic lesions? I guess I have to wait on more tests. I have blood work on the 19 and see my oncologist on the 26. I am going to see my radiologists next week as soon as he gets the disc of the PET so he can look and see if this is an area I got radiation - making it possible for scar tissue. I dont want to think i am in denial but being positive in thinking this is not what it can be at the worse but scare tissue or something besides cancer. thanks for your time to read this and reply, Bonita
2.7 cm 18/31 nodes
mets to just above collar bone ( 2 nodes showed in PET)
ER- PR - / Her2 +++ (IHC) Stage 111 C
ki-67 60% nottingham score 7
A/C chemo mar 22,2010 DD
herceptin & taxotere DD june 1,2010
finished taxotere july 12, 2010
finished herceptin 16 May 2011
PET Scan 9 Aug 10, cancer in neck is gone! NED
33 Rads completed 1 Oct 2010
PET/CT Scan 6 Jan 2011 NED
PET/CT Scan 3 Aug 2011
MUGA 59% 3/22/10 -63% 9/23/10 - 51% 1/4/11 - 55% 2/17/11 - 50% 8/3/11
26 Aug 2011 NED
20 Feb 2012 NED
5 Mar 2012 PORT OUT
12 July 2012 DIEP breast reconstruction
23 Aug 2012 NED
15 Nov 2012 new breast tweeked and natural breast uplifted and implant added
17 Feb 2013 NED
27 mar 2013 lipo suction to add fat cells to new breast in hopes for needed adjustment.

"Don't spend your time worrying about when or how you are going to die, spend your time figuring out how you are going to live today". ~Elizabeth Edwards.
candlegranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
Becky

Re: PET results suspicious for small metastic lesions

Dear Bonita

Of course you should be positive but it must be very hard not to be scared. Stay strong. We are here for you - the waiting is the hardest part.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
NanaJoni

Bonita - I have radiation pneumonitis in my right lung from the treatments I had back in Oct-Nov 2010. Do you have any symptoms like shortness of breath, fatigue, etc? There is permanent scarring in my right lung just where the radiation was targeted. I'm seeing a pulmonologist now who is very good and am on low dose steroids to prevent progression. Praying for you that it's not mets but the radiation damage can be pretty tough, too. I'm on oxygen at night now and have some limitations on activity but feeling blessed it's not more cancer.
3/24/10:sent.node biopsy clear
3/31/10:bi-lateral mx.;atypical ductal hyperplasia-lft side
4/21/10:wound revision-infection/scarring 4/28/10:seromas both sides
5/21/10:port installed,TCH chemo (6 x 3 wks); Herc,-1yr; 33 rad tx after chemo
07/2010: port not working-2nd port didnt'work;3rd port opposite side.
07/2010: 2 weeks after 3rd port surgery, threw 3 pulm. emboli-IVC filter installed; warfarin
08/2010: hospitalizations w/3 of chemos; decision to stop after 4th-on to radiation in Oct 2010;Herc cont.
12/03/2010 - finished 33 rads Hooray!! cont. Herc. every 3 wks
4/2011 - pneumonia ??? Nope-radiation pneumonitis. No more Herc.
5/2011 - NED!!! port out.
8/2011 - clean PET & CT scans.Still NED
7/2012 - Still NED/very blessed.
2/2013 - 6 mos checkup-all clear. CA2729 down frm 13 to 11.
NanaJoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
hutchibk

It's always possible, sadly, for it to come back either slowly or quickly, even after rads or Herceptin. It's cancer and cancer isn't predictable no matter what. A CT will help your doctors determine what it is, either scarring or activity. Your blood work and tumor markers will also help make that determination. I always go to my radiation onc to look at my scans w/ him, too, so we can monitor how rads have done for us. We have had questions about whether it is activity or necrosis in the past (in the brain so PET wasn't going to really help us answer that)... so we actually decided in lieu of brain surgery to re-radiate the two spots in question.

And, then there is always the chance that it is not cancer activity.

Best wishes and let us know what the docs tell you.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
candlegranny

My radiation was from august to october 2010. I have a little shortness of breath if i am active like climbing steps but not enough to slow me down much. I have a spot on my lungs they think may be pneumonitus but now these 2 new ones. the radiation oncologist told me scar tissue can show up months to years down the road. I am praying that is what it is. doctor said wait 3 months to see if it gets larger. i think in that 3 months I will do some work around house, painting and sorting out stuff so if I do need treatment, that is all i will have to concentrate on. Last time I had no time to prepare, diagnosed on jan 21 surgery on jan 29 so this time I will be prepared, if htat is at all possible.I will also be keeping busy and I hope that will ease my mind a little. I have to remain positive. bonita ~
2.7 cm 18/31 nodes
A/C chemo mar 22,2010 DD
PET/CT Scan 3 Aug 2011
26 Aug 2011 NED
20 Feb 2012 NED
5 Mar 2012 PORT OUT
23 Aug 2012 NED
17 Feb 2013 NED
27 mar 2013 lipo suction to add fat cells to new breast in hopes for needed adjustment.

"Don't spend your time worrying about when or how you are going to die, spend your time figuring out how you are going to live today". ~Elizabeth Edwards.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:03 AM   #6
Ellie F

I truly understand how difficult this waiting period is.My CT scan in November highlighted several small areas of concern (about 5 in total) in my lungs along with one bigger node. As they were too small to biopsy my onc took the watch and wait aproach and rescaned in January, three months later.The spots and node they were concerned about had resolved but another small one appeared. My onc was convinced that it was due to some inflammation lurking about. My scan also showed the area that had been irradiated.
I have recently had another ct scan and thankfully the new node has now also resolved.
I remember being so depressed over Christmas even wondering if I would make another year! but remembered Bonnie's post about her lung surgery and tried to hang onto the thought that it may be nothing and if that was the case I has spent 3 months ruining my life with worry.
Hang on in there, it may turn out to be nothing at all.

Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #7
candlegranny

thank you for sharing Ellie. I am going to try to spend next 3 months working around house... painting small rooms, cleaning out garage and closets, to keep busy and if i do need treatment, i will not be looking around at things i wish i had got done, praying no treatment just a decluttered, freshly painted house LOL.. thanks again for sharing your story lifted me up. Bonita~
2.7 cm 18/31 nodes
A/C chemo mar 22,2010 DD
PET/CT Scan 3 Aug 2011
26 Aug 2011 NED
20 Feb 2012 NED
5 Mar 2012 PORT OUT
23 Aug 2012 NED
17 Feb 2013 NED

Old 08-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #8
hutchibk

If you're planning to paint (good distraction btw! can you come to my house too?) ~ be sure and wear a painter's mask. Also, seek out the Zero or Low VOC paints. http://eartheasy.com/live_nontoxic_paints.htm

They are better all around for your internal health, especially your lung health!

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #9
BonnieR

Yes, please keep in mind my experience. Even after a frozen section that said I had lung cancer and the removal of the right lobe of my lung, I was finally told a misdiagnosis had been made and the biopsy was negative after all. The areas were old pneumonia activity. In retropsect, I should have been seen by a pulmonolgist initially who would have treated medically to see if the lesions reduced.
I know we are all different but my story shows that we should never give up hope and that things are not always what they seem. When we have had cancer, conclusions can be jumped to...
So please, keep the faith.

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
tricia keegan

Bonita,

I had a suspicious spot too but on my spine and as it was too small to biopsy I had to wait a couple of months too but like Ellie when the scans were redone it had dissappeared so hoping for a similar outcome for you!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
candlegranny

I love you guys! Ellie I so needed to hear an experience like yours as well as the rest. Bonnie i will ask about a pulmanologist before i go for surgery. I will meet with my radiologist tomorrow morning. he has the actual scans (cd) of my PET and will let me know if it is in that general area. Meet with my oncologist on the 26 august. I have found peace from this board, and my belief in the good Lord that all will be ok. I refuse to get depressed over wht could be nothing... Thank you Ellie and others for knowing and understanding what i am feeling right now. I hate we have this in common but so glad I have all of you here with me. You are all priceless to me. Bonita
2.7 cm 18/31 nodes
A/C chemo mar 22,2010 DD
PET/CT Scan 3 Aug 2011
26 Aug 2011 NED
20 Feb 2012 NED
5 Mar 2012 PORT OUT
23 Aug 2012 NED
17 Feb 2013 NED

Old 08-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
candlegranny

Saw my oncologist today. Tumor makers are normal. He said he agrees with radiologist, spots are most likely scared tissue from radiation. My lungs sounded great all is good. He told me to come back in 6 months. I wanted to see him in 3 but he insisted 6 months. so I am excited and feeling good. thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Bonita ~
2.7 cm 18/31 nodes
A/C chemo mar 22,2010 DD
PET/CT Scan 3 Aug 2011
26 Aug 2011 NED
20 Feb 2012 NED
5 Mar 2012 PORT OUT
23 Aug 2012 NED
17 Feb 2013 NED

Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #13
7andcounting

Candlegranny, Awesome news!
7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #14
Pray

I'm so happy for you and your family!!!! Continued blessings to you!!!!
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #15
BonnieR

Terrific news! Keep the faith.

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #16
Trish

Fantastic news Bonita. Enjoy the painting and the painted house,
Trish
5/2006
oopherectomy, Arimedex
12/2006
liver mets largest 9cm
1/2007
Herceptin,
3/2007
Taxol + Herc
1/2008
Herc alone
4/2008
Multiple bone mets,Zometa
7/2008
Herc + Gemcitabine
8/2008
Herc+Navelbine/vinoralbine
10/2008
Herc+Carboplatin+Taxol
12/2008
Tykerb+Xeloda
2/2010
Herceptin + trial drug
5/2010
Herceptin+Tykerb
8/2010
Tykerb+Abraxane
9/2010
Abraxane
12/2010
Abraxane+Tyk+Herc
4/2011
Tyk+Herc+Femara
6/2011
Liver and bone mets prog.Abraxane continue Herceptin,Tykerb,Femara and Zometa
8/2011
Probable liver progression and increased neuropathy. Xeloda with Tyk+Herc. Zometa 6 weekly.
9/2011
Liver progression,TM +++. Cyclophosphamide and Methotrexate metro Herc Zometa
10/2011 liver mets prog.Herc, 3 Tykerb +2mg decodron daily,Zometa
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #17
Sheila

Congrats Bonita on the amazing news....we are all waiting for you to come to our houses with your energy and painting skills......

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #18
Jackie07

Yippy! So happy to hear the good news!

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #19
Elizabethtx

Good news! I am so happy for you!
3.2 cm 2/18 +lymph nodes
Stage 2b; E+/P+/Her2 +++
Nottingham score grade 2
Ki67 30%
3/2010 A/C 4 DD/2wks
5/2010 Herceptin/Taxotere 4D/3wks
8/2010 Herceptin until May 2011
Tamoxifin 20mg
9/2010 RAD 34 treatments
Pet scan Aug 2010 clear
Port removed July 2011
Bone scan, chest MRI 12/11 clear
Vaccine trial began Oct 2011

Elizabethtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #20
candlegranny

thank you all so much. this support board is priceless. i tell my oncologist about alot of things i learn on this board! I am so excited about my news... but the doctor told me with the number of lymph nodes involved.. 31 removed 18 cancer - there is a 50-50 chance this will come back on me. my husband says "we will just fight it again " like he has has mouse in his pocket :-) but i plan to stand on the good side of that 50 - 50 shot!
thanks again love you guys!! Bonita
2.7 cm 18/31 nodes
A/C chemo mar 22,2010 DD
PET/CT Scan 3 Aug 2011
26 Aug 2011 NED
20 Feb 2012 NED
5 Mar 2012 PORT OUT
23 Aug 2012 NED
17 Feb 2013 NED