HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Wink ~REstarting Chemo Tomorrow!!!

Thanks for the advice preparing us for our new regime which will start tomorrow. I did get the Emend for nausea, almost choked when I realized that 3 pills cost $394!! He is well prepared, the Infusion Lab that we go to is a new seperate beautiful building with lots of room, the nurses have stocked popsicles for our arrival. They always have them, they just made a request for grape ones for their dear friend Ed. I rescheduled a Monday infusion of Zometa to be included into his treatment. And little does Ed know, if his potassium level is still low he will be having an injection or a little orange drink!! Ew, I am evil, LOL!!

I love you all and know we can make it through this with all of your support. I still believe that we are due the other 50% of our miracle. We are petitioning for time here and I hope after 14 months of fierce fighting we are entitled to some more time together. Although I am rather concerned over this new treatment, I do think this maybe our magic bullet. I know I have been saying this for ions now. Inflammatory cancer is so aggressive but it does not intimidate us!! We are surely positive about this new regime.

Well Warriors, My Mighty Oak is going back in!! He is going to fight this with all of the passions he has to live. He will watch his granddaughter grow up. He will fight for every second. She now calls herself Grandpa Ed's Doctor.

Last night I looked out our living room window, I was saddened to know my leaves were leaving for the season. I made a comment out the window like someone was out there listening. I said, "This could be our last fall together, I need to savour this" and I said it for a purpose. Ed heard me and replied "No I do not think so, this will NOT be our last fall together, nor my last anniversary, nor my last birthday. I do not know when but this will NOT be our last!!!". I must say girls I needed that response. I started out testing him in a silly small way, teasing in a manner that might offend some (unless you have cancer and a sense of humor). Not My Oak, he challenged me and set ME straight!!

So here I am telling you all we are ready. This is so no one worries about us even though you will. Some of this is for our newbies, they need to hear our journies and struggles so they too can gather strength. So watch out CANCER, we will not let you win without the fight of our lives. You have no idea of who you are messing with. Keep us in your prayers for we are still in dire need of them. Keep my breast cancer Mother in those prayers too. We need you Warriors more than ever. Thanks in advance for the love and prayers. I would ask for LUCK, but it is the cancer who is in trouble now and I will only wish that goodbye!!

Still Believing<STILL Miracle Our Commanding>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote