HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
Lani

Angry Michka has earned her wings (back in 2017)

received this today:

Lani from her2support
It's terribly difficult for me to answer: my Wife, Michele Berman is dead last december the 5th.
My english is poor and I have been in an hospital last summer ( epeelepsy crisis) .At the same time Michele had a Brainradiotherapy
with a high level of neurotoxicity. So that when Ive been able to visit her for the first time end of october, she was not able to
communicate with me or her oncologist. After few weeks she began to commmunicate but not very well. She was always looking for a
new "clinical essay", but she was much too exhausted to be able to support new examination like scanner or petscanner, to understand the
effect of brainradiotherapie. and the status of her cancer.
Finally she has been transferred in a "Medical center". She never suffered, she was only extremly anxious for my health; and for her two sons
and she has discovered that nobody will try to help her for a last battle. I tried to convince her oncologist, but I was myself so tired and I did not have the level of competencies she had and the contact with HeR2group so usefullfor her
And now, after ten years of shared battle with her day after day, I'm so sad, my life has no sense now
Michele never gave me any detail on how to communicate with her2 group (for superstition reason ?) and that explain how long it takes for me
to write this message, with so difficulties...
Really, thank you for all of you, your help, and the level of high level advise comming from you was so important for Michele

Thank you very much
JP Brun from Michele berman mail
Lani from her2support
It's terribly difficult for me to answer: my Wife, Michele Berman is dead last december the 5th.
My english is poor and I have been in an hospital last summer ( epeelepsy crisis) .At the same time Michele had a Brainradiotherapy
with a high level of neurotoxicity. So that when Ive been able to visit her for the first time end of october, she was not able to
communicate with me or her oncologist. After few weeks she began to commmunicate but not very well. She was always looking for a
new "clinical essay", but she was much too exhausted to be able to support new examination like scanner or petscanner, to understand the
effect of brainradiotherapie. and the status of her cancer.
Finally she has been transferred in a "Medical center". She never suffered, she was only extremly anxious for my health; and for her two sons
and she has discovered that nobody will try to help her for a last battle. I tried to convince her oncologist, but I was myself so tired and I did not have the level of competencies she had and the contact with HeR2group so usefullfor her
And now, after ten years of shared battle with her day after day, I'm so sad, my life has no sense now
Michele never gave me any detail on how to communicate with her2 group (for superstition reason ?) and that explain how long it takes for me
to write this message, with so difficulties...
Really, thank you for all of you, your help, and the level of high level advise comming from you was so important for Michele

Thank you very much
JP Brun from Michele berman mail

I omitted his email for privacy reasons, but please let me know via this thread if anyone wants/needs it
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
Laurel

Re: Michka has earned her wings (back in 2017)

Thank you, Lani. This helps to close the loop, so to speak, providing details such as her date of death. She was such a fighter!

My father always used to say, "Life is tough." It was a favorite lament along with, "nothing is easy!." The Berman family has had so much to contend with it does not seem fair or just. I am truly saddened to think of her husband struggling alone with his own personal health issues all the while dealing with Michka's absence.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:11 AM   #3
jaykay

Thanks, Lani for the bad news. I think we all figured something was wrong when there was no activity. Same with Amy. Sigh...
BRCA 1 and 2 negative
October, 2012: Bi Mast with tissue expanders, port placement
Final Path: IDC 2.8cm, DCIS, 1/4 sentinal nodes positive (@#$%). Stage IIB
Nov 29, 2012: Begin TCH/6x/every 3 wks, H for 1 year/every 3 weeks.
March 14, 2013: Finished chemo
April 9, 2013: Begin radiation 28x
May 22, 2013: Finished rads
June 1st, 2013: Started Aromasin for 5 yrs.
July 15, 2013: Switched to Letrozole (Femara). Probably for the rest of my life
October 16, 2013: Exchange surgery
October 31, 2013: Finished Herceptin
December 5, 2013: Port removed
Glad this year is over!
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:00 AM   #4
sarah

It is very sad news. Jean-Pierre called me and I believe others and I think he would appreciate anyone emailing him with condolences. He is naturally very upset. If HER2 has any members in Paris, perhaps they could visit him? He may visit a friend in Toulon and if so, I will try to meet up with him. Each member's passing is sad and some are harder than others. Michelle inspired us all to fight and look for new solutions. J-P was grateful for the HER2 site and its members as we all are. Michelle's husband's email:jean-pierre.brun@cegetel.net

Stay well my dear HER2 friends
Sarah
Old 01-27-2018, 05:19 AM   #5
ariana

Just E mailed him. So sad. Last fall I went to a Susan G Thing about up dates on
what the foundation was funding here in Pittsburgh. IT SEEMS that the race for the
cure turned into a FIST OF CUFF OF FIGHTS--between THOSE WHO WERE CONSIDERED CURED and those like us. THAT PROMPTED this meeting.

The anger at the meeting with young mothers with kids was very high.
wanting to know what re-search was being done now. WE ACTUALLY TALKED
to those directly involved in the research here.

THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE MEETINGS IN EVERY MAJOR CITY to convey
the current information. EVERY HOSPITAL WHO TREATS CANCER SHOULD
HOST MEETINGS TO UP DATE PEOPLE ONCE A YR.
ariana is offline   Reply With Quote